I confess – > I love Fridays. That doesn’t really seem like a opening-up-I’m-sharing-something-amazing type of thing but still. I love them all the same. Fridays hold such a feeling of excitement – the weekend is an open book, full of opportunities and explorations. Even if 99% of the time, I just squander them away by binge watching Netflix and organizing my hair tie collection. The HOPE of Friday is real.
These are my Friday confessions:
1. I confess that I ate an entire pan of peanut butter bars by myself. I have absolutely no remorse. Sharing food is overrated.
2. I confess that I have an addiction to online window shopping. I’ll even go so far as to put things into my virtual cart, get overwhelmed with spending so much money and then I just close the browser window (and walk into the kitchen for some peanut butter bar). I KNOW I’m not alone in this tomfoolery – do you do this??
3. I sometimes feel as though I’m living a groundhog day. The same food, the same workouts, the same schedule, the same ways of coping with crying/annoying children. The same. Sometimes it’s wonderful to have routine and sometimes I forget which day it is because they all look EXACTLY the same.
4. I confess that I’ve taken three pregnancy tests in the past three weeks.
5. I confess that I’m not pregnant. And that I’m a little bummed about it.
6. I confess that I only encouraged Travis to coach Henry’s soccer team this year so that WE could have control over the day/time of practice. (And Travis is an amazing coach but that really had very little to do with my nudging).
One year ago. Look at Porter!!
7. I confess that we need God more than ever before. Our country is flailing and as much as I hate it when people use scare tactics to turn nonbelievers to Christ (“fire and brimstone, hell, damnation”), perhaps a little “the end is near”-talk is appropriate right now. Are you a believer?? Message me and let me tell you why I am (seriously)!
8. I confess that Travis and I have been using our Ultimate Frisbee nights as “dates”. Unconventional, yes. But after we’re done playing, I’ve never felt closer to him. Sweating together creates magic, I tell ya.
I lure him in with my knee-high socks….
9. I can’t stop watching this video. Or this one. And I can’t help waiting by the front window for the mailman to bring me these .
10. I’m going to make another pan of peanut butter bars today. And not share.
These are my confessions.
Peace out, friends. And ENJOY this weekend. See you Monday!
QUESTION: Confess something to me. I won’t judge.
I confess…I’m jealous you have a peanut butter bar recipe! Feel like sharing?
Hahah the mom video is amazing.
I totally window online shop!! haha Happy long weekend!
I love #7!!!! Yes yes yes! Confession for the week… I wasn’t very “patient”. Must improve for next week!
The full cart thing can pay off though! A lot of times if you have an abandoned cart they’ll send you a coupon to come back. ;)
Yes to the excitement of Friday!
Yes to online “shopping”! <— the best ;)
Yes to "groundhog day feelings"!
I confess that I love that Cora loves cheerleading and hate how much of my time it eats up.
Totally the same about the online shopping! I don’t do it often, but when I do I never hit “check out.” ;)
Curious as to what you’re saying about “the end…” I think sometimes there are signs but people have thought that for hundreds of years too, so while I try to live each day like it could be the end (although often I forget because of your other point above – routine! mundane! etc – I’d love to hear your thoughts. You have my email. :)
I LOVE this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejKH76hdKc
Well, for me, the “end” would be the rapture (Mark 13:32). Jesus’ second coming. Signs described in Revelation happen all the time (and have been happening).
Yes! I have full carts all over the internet!
good to know I’m not the only one!