Good morning, friends!
I’m not sure about you but we had an absolutely fabulous weekend. The biggest highlight –> celebrating Travis’ 33rd birthday yesterday!
That guy is greatly loved around here so we tried to make it as special as possible (even though he’s not really “into” birthday celebrations). That being said, here are 16 things we did this weekend.
1. I drank a lot of coffee (and made it extra fancy with my little handheld frother ).
2. We lounged around on Friday afternoon. Travis got off around 2pm and it was rainy/dreary so we cozied up for a few hours.
3. We rented the new Cinderella movie and had SMOOOOOVIE night. Clara was in heaven.
4. We made No-Bake cookies that I didn’t think would set up (due to the rain) but they did. Annnnnd now they’re gone.
5. After eating a few too many cookies, some protein was in order. These Flapjacked Mighty Muffins have 20 GRAMS of protein!
6. On Saturday morning, I coached a great MoveMore bootcamp! Full body tabata + battle ropes! If you’re local, my last outdoor bootcamp of the season will be October 24th. Mark your calendars!
7. We played a double header. Well…Henry played a double header. We just cheered him on!
8. We found the biggest mud puddles to splash in. #boys
9. We baked a Paula Deen “Oooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake” for a special someone’s birthday. (Travis actually ended up with TWO birthday cakes. We ended up freezing half of the cheesecake you’ll see later.)
10. I discovered ThredUp and fell in love! Aka…I spent $74 (but got A LOT of great stuff to show for it – have you heard of this site?)
11. We ate spaghetti and meatballs.
12. And played off-brand Jenga and learned that Henry is a master. He took some pieces that neither Travis nor I could get.
13. I went for a morning walk/run on Sunday morning. Fall is HERE!
14. We went to church, ate lunch, cleaned up a bit and then spent some time lounging around before Ultimate Frisbee.
15. For Travis’ birthday dinner, we ate homemade gumbo (from my dad) and homemade peanut butter cheesecake (from my sister). Such amazing food – I’m still full.
(Fun fact – Travis’ favorite food is peanut butter. Katy – you outdid yourself! It was AMAZING!)
16. To finish off the weekend, Travis and I held hands, shared another piece of cheesecake and watched Walking Dead.
Ahhh good times.
Cheers to the start of a good week – Happy Monday, friends!
QUESTION: Tell me ONE thing you did this weekend!