Four months! The time has FLOWN!
We’ve had A LOT of changes over here in the last month for Porter….and not too many for me. In fact, I think after this post I’ll lay off the body updates for a while. Visually, I’m just not changing all that much (which is totally fine – I think my body will remain the same while I’m nursing). Internally, I’m getting stronger and more like my old self as the days go by so that feels good!
Four Months Postpartum – Me
1 Month PP/2 Months PP/3 Months PP/4 Months PP
My Linea Negra
2 Months PP
4 Months PP
- I’m very satisfied with where I am physically. I feel strong. I feel fit. I’m able to do most anything that I ask my body to do.
- While I don’t weigh myself, I’ve still got probably 5-10 pounds that I don’t normally have. I’m excited to see what this upcoming Advocare Challenge will produce! <-Have you signed up yet?!
- Still eating around 2,000-2,200 calories every day. Like always, I snack my way through the day. It’s my very favorite way to eat. <-yep still!
- I still have a pregnancy mask (also called “melasma”). Last month I shared that I started on the Rodan & Field’s Redefine series. I’m noticing some changes (more even tone & super smooth skin) so I decided to keep going with the system (it’s quite expensive). I hope to share a before and after shot in the next few months.
- Still have my linea negra, although it’s fading. <-yep still! Almost gone!
- I’m losing SO much hair! I think this past month was the worst. When does this slow down – can’t remember??
- I’ve been hosting a Track Stars workout a few times a week down at the local track! We do all sorts of things (sprints, runs, plyo, bodyweight). Sometimes I bring equipment, sometimes we just use our bodies. Most of the women are moms and we bring our kids – I love the thought of setting this example of health for them!
- On the days I don’t run or have Track Stars, Travis and I are doing a kettlebell workout in the basement. I’ll share that in a few weeks too. I love working out with him – we push each other. <-still need to write this workout up for you guys! It’s a fun one – we’re up to 9,000 swings now!
- Training for a 3.5 mile mud run!
- Doing great overall. Some days I feel a little overwhelmed having three small children but I can quickly and easily get rid of that feeling by shifting the focus away to positive. I don’t think it was that easy to “shift” in those early post-pregnancy hormonal days. I feel more in control of myself now if that makes sense.
Moving on to the babe…
Four Months Old – Porter
1 Month/2 Months
3 Months/4 Months
I always divide Porter’s update into three sections: EAT, AWAKE and SLEEP. We use (and have used for all three kids) the Baby Wise method and it works well for us. If you thrive off of schedules like me, you should look into this book (I also recommend, “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.” Both books follow the eat, awake, sleep cycles that work well in my opinion!)
- We’ve got a chunk! At his 4-month checkup, Porter weighed a whopping 18 1/2 pounds (98th percentile!)!
- He loves to nurse! 7-8 times a day, 15 minutes total, both sides.
- No solids anytime soon. (We’ll use baby led weaning when the time comes – in the past, I’ve started around 8 months.)
- He’s easily distracted while nursing so I sometimes have to leave the room if Henry & Clara are playing or if a movie is on.
- Newest discovery: ROLLING OVER!! He can go from back to belly but not the other way.
- All smiles and laughs– he’s a happy child.
- He can grab for and grasp objects with both hands, typically pulling them into his mouth.
- Likes: Nursing, smiling, his brother and sister, being swaddled, his swing <-same.
- Dislikes: Being hungry, getting OUT of the bath <-same.
- Ever since we got home from the beach, he’s stopped sleeping through the night. Even worse, we’ve hit the 4-month sleep regression! He’s been waking up about 2-3 times a night. Womp womp. I know this will pass soon so I’m not too worried (but am losing sleep over it…pun intended).
- Napping 3-4 times a day with a longer afternoon nap (2 hours).
- We’re (currently) still swaddling. This will change now that he’s started rolling over. I’ll start weaning him off of it – it’s just hard because the swaddle has been our sleep cue since birth and he loves it. (here’s the one we use)
- Still sleeping in his bassinet during the night. Naps in his crib or the swing (or carseat if we’re out running errands or at the pool). <-yep still.
For more postpartum updates: