I think I’ll always say this but TIME FLYS. It scares me when I look at my children and see that they’re outgrowing their clothes or when the toys that they once thought were “the coolest” are now being passed to down to Porter (but I appreciate the sharing). Henry is now old enough to really help me with chores and with Porter – it seems like not too long ago, he WAS Porter. Part of my heart just cries as I see them grow and I know that I’m truly blessed to get to SEE it all each and every day. Some mamas aren’t afforded the chance to stay home. I’m very grateful. VERY. It takes a lot of sacrifices for us to make it work but I’ve never felt more in love with a “job.”
Porter celebrated his three-month birthday on Monday. I celebrated being three months without nausea (which by the way went away in a snap…like right after I gave birth all of the sudden I wasn’t sick anymore. Crazy hormones.) Here’s how we’re doing:
Three Months Postpartum – Me
40 weeks/1 Month PP/2 Months PP/3 Months PP
- I’m very satisfied with where I am physically. I feel strong. I feel fit. I’m able to do most anything that I ask my body to do.
- Still eating around 2,000-2,200 calories every day. Like always, I snack my way through the day. It’s my very favorite way to eat.
- I have a pregnancy mask (also called “melasma”). Most days, it looks like I have a mustache and a dirty forehead. Lol. I actually ordered the Rodan & Fields “Redefine” line and I’m seeing some results – I’ll share pics in a few weeks. I do notice that when I’m out in the sun, the darkness and spots get worse so I try to always wear SPF 50 and keep my face in the shade.
- Still have my linea negra, although it’s fading.
- Still losing hair. Can’t remember when this normally slows down.
- I’m getting back to running! This week, I made it a goal to get out the door for a short 15-minute run EVERY DAY before Travis heads to work. So far, so good. Gets the blood flowing and serves as prayer time for me. <-yep, still running! Loving it!
- On the days I don’t run, Travis and I are doing a kettlebell workout in the basement. I’ll share that in a few weeks too. I love working out with him – we push each other.
- Every Saturday, I’m hosting a “Track Stars” workout down at the local track. Every workout is different but most contain bodyweight exercises, sprints and plyometric work. Last Saturday, we had ELEVEN people!
- I’m happy to say that I think most of my pregnancy hormones are a thing of the past. I don’t feel like I need to cry for no reason.
- We leave for the beach next Friday and I’m planning a “digital detox” (inspired by Jess) while we’re in Florida. No blogging, no Instagram, no Facebook. Just being present. I’m very much looking forward to it. (I’ll have some posts set up before I leave so check in that week – I’m allowed a detox but you are not. lol.)
Moving on to the babe…
Three Months Old – Porter
1 Month/2 Months/3 Months
Just like the last update, I’ll divide Porter’s update into three sections: EAT, AWAKE and SLEEP. We use (and have used for all three kids) the Baby Wise method and it works well for us. If you thrive off of schedules like me, you should look into this book (I also recommend, “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.” Both books follow the eat, awake, sleep cycles that work well in my opinion!)
- Still loving the breast. We exclusively nurse. I’ve tried pumping milk and giving him a bottle – he’s ok with it but would prefer to cozy up to me. I’m totally cool with that. :)
- He nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day. He cluster feeds at night from about 5pm until 9pm.
- Nurses on both sides and takes about 15 minutes total to become satiated.
- Still spitting up but it’s becoming less and less.
- Such a happy baby! Easy going and laid back.
- He’s SMILING a lot! He’s also just starting to LAUGH!
- Likes: Nursing, smiling, his brother and sister, being swaddled, his swing <-same.
- Dislikes: Being hungry, getting OUT of the bath <-same.
- In the last two weeks, he’s started SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT fairly consistently!! Hallelujah, hallelujah! He goes down at 8pm, dream feed at 10pm, nurses at 6am and then again at 7:45 or 8am!
- We swaddle. He loves it. (here’s the one I use)
- Still sleeping in his bassinet during the night. Naps in his crib or the swing (or carseat if we’re out running errands or at the pool).
For more postpartum updates: