I was going to hold off and put this up tomorrow because we didn’t get around to taking an underwear bump picture, but I decided to just go with it. You’ll have to pretend there’s one this week. We’re entering the final countdown, my friends! By the end of this week, I’ll be considered “full term,” meaning Porter can come ANY TIME (seriously son, listen up. I love being your oven, but my skin simply cannot stretch anymore.)
What is baby up to at 36 weeks?
- Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce).
- He’s shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath.
- Baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. <-Travis already has dibs on this diaper change.
How is mama feeling?
Still feeling GREAT! I’m really happy with my fitness level and what muscle I’ve been able to maintain.
Here’s the rundown from last week:
- Monday: Bootcamp + 20 minutes biking
- Tuesday: Full body strength (lots of lunges)
- Wednesday: Bootcamp
- Thursday: REST
- Friday: Bootcamp + 15 minutes ArcTrainer
- Saturday: Walking at the mall (60+ minutes)
- Sunday: REST
Meh. Lots of tossing and turning.
BOY! Porter Killian
On. But I rarely wear them.
I hit up a children’s consignment sale and got all this for under $30!
TONS! You can SEE feet and toes when he moves around!
- LOTS of contractions and cramping.
- Pressure. Lots of pressure down there.
Meh. Food is food and I’m running out of room for it. Lots of small snacks. <-still true. I’m the queen at snacking.
I recently received these Ratio bars, which are non-gmo and made with hormone-free whey protein! They taste pretty great (the granola flavor was the best by far!)
Go to www.ratiobar.com and use the code “ARNOLD30” to get 30% off your order!
To Do List
If Porter came today, we really would NOT be prepared. I don’t have a single newborn-size diaper in the house! Here’s what I’ve got to do…and FAST:
- Set up the crib.
- Wash bedding.
- Buy diapers.
- Build bassinet.
- Bring up the swing & vibrating chair from the basement.
- Install carseat.
- Pack hospital bag.
Good grief! I am not the procrastinating type AT ALL. What is going on here?!?! Third child?? Laziness?? Someone send help!
QUESTION: Tell me one thing on your to-do list!