Is it snowing where you are?? As I sit and type this, it’s Tuesday evening and we’re being told the snow will start tonight and last all day tomorrow. Who knows? In preparation, I made a turkey meatloaf (super easy and healthy), a pan of chocolate chip protein bars (no recipe – I just throw things together, close my eyes and see what pops out) and filled my tank up with gas. I’m not sure why the gas thing matters as we won’t be driving anywhere, but still. Best to be prepared.
Onto a baby update!
What is baby up to at 31 weeks?
- This week, baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3 1/3 pounds (about the size of a coconut) and is heading into a growth spurt.
- He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin.
- He’s probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up. <-yep!
How is mama feeling?
Still trucking along! I feel fantastic actually – strong and able to do most anything that I could pre-pregnancy. Fitfluential is having a burpee challenge (1,000 burpees by February 28th) so I’ve been trying to do 20-30 every day. I have to modify and it looks more like a squat thruster, but I’m getting them done.
Here’s the rundown from last week:
- Monday: Bootcamp + 20 min. ArcTrainer
- Tuesday: PowerHouse Class
- Wednesday: Bootcamp
- Thursday: REST
- Friday: Bootcamp + 3 mile stroller walk
- Saturday: 30 minutes of water aerobics + 1 HR Zumba
- Sunday: Easy walk to the grocery store with Travis – 1 mile?
Not stellar. Many nights, I wake up 4-6 times. The baby is usually actively kicking when I wake, so I’m sure it’s because of that. He’s already preparing me for those sleepless nights.
BOY! Porter Killian
TONS! Last week, I told you that I thought he was TRANSVERSE. He has definitely moved into a head-down position – kicking right at my ribs!
- Nausea <-yes. Still.
- CRAMPING <- this one’s new. For the past two days, I’ve experienced some cramping (sometimes uncomfortable). I keep telling Travis that if I were any closer to my due date, I’d think I was in early labor. IF these keep up, I’ll call the doctor. BTDT moms – any experience with cramping in the third trimester?
- Round ligament pain
- BH Contractions
- Greek yogurt
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter – can someone send me an early baby gift and mail me some more of this stuff???? Can’t get enough.
- Anything tart!
I have TWO!
1) Registering for baby stuff!
I don’t need much, but I’m registered at Walmart and Land of Nod for anyone who cares.
2) Starting to incorporate water aerobics!
Those bottoms….there’s a joke there but I’m drawing a blank.
The time has come. I’m feeling heavier, my joints are loosey goosey and the water feels SO great. With both Henry and Clara, I started aqua aerobics during the last trimester – this pregnancy is no different (and I actually probably need it MORE as I’m getting older). There are SO many benefits (especially for preparing for birth) – go here to read more!
QUESTION: Now you tell me a HIGHLIGHT or a CRAVING for the week!