Whoa. Like whoa. This last week was a doozy.
It finally feels like I can breath (literally and figuratively). Everything’s disinfected, my kids’ eyes aren’t glossed over and we’ve got a little more pep in our step. Being sick and dealing with sick kids always reminds me of what a BLESSING health really is. I don’t ever want to take it for granted.
Moving on….We’ve made it to the THIRD TRIMESTER, friends! (only 11 more weeks of these boring updates!!!!!! )
What is baby up to at 28 weeks?
- By this week, baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.
- He can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes.
- With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb.
How is mama feeling?
Due to sickness, last week was just awful in the fitness department. I’m ok with it – when you’re sick, you should NOT workout! Your body needs to use it’s energy to repair and restore – to ask it to focus on exercise is simply selfish (IMO). So we rested last week!
Here’s the rundown for last week:
- Monday (Henry sick): Wii Fit for an hour
- Tuesday – Total body strength + 20 min. ArcTrainer
- Wednesday (Clara sick, Me sick): REST
- Thursday (Still sick): REST
- Friday (Feeling better, but didn’t want to push it): 2 mile stroller walk
- Saturday – Zumba
- Sunday – Power walk with a friend for 1.25 hours
Going well! When we were all sick, I could barely breath but propping a second pillow under my head helped a lot.
BOY! Porter Killian
None! <-a post to come regarding this!
Yes – this guy LOVES to waller around in there!
Round ligament pain (in my hips at the end of the day)
Increased thirst (think this is just my body replenishing fluids after being sick)
My latest loves:
- Cheeseburger salads!! I seriously CRAVE them (which might be my first REAL pregnancy craving!). I made a big batch of patties using 97% lean turkey and topped them with sharp cheddar. Add lettuce, pickles, avocado and, of course, lots of mustard and ketchup. Killer meal!
- Anything tart, like fruit and those Lemon Ice Box pies above.
Update on the heartburn
After being on Prilosec for a week, I can safely say that a) it works and b) I’m so happy to be drinking my daily cup of coffee again! I take one pill every morning before breakfast. If you’re suffering from heartburn, I highly suggest getting some over-the-counter heartburn medicine. I tried all the home remedies and nothing touched it except for Prilosec. There’s a tip from me to you. ;)
QUESTION: What are you CRAVING lately???