I’m glad you guys liked yesterday’s post! I’ve worked with several pregnant ladies in the past and just wanted to share what I know (which could always be more) online. I think the biggest takeaway when it comes to prenatal fitness is this: LISTEN TO YOUR BODY & YOUR DOCTOR! Like any other type of fitness, there is no one size fits all when it comes to training while pregnant. Even for me, my workouts during this pregnancy are SO much different than with Henry (I was a step aerobics ADDICT) and with Clara (I didn’t step foot in a gym for the first 7 months). Do what works FOR YOU and know that whatever fitness you might lose during those 9 months you can totally regain AFTER the baby is born!
What is baby up to at 26 weeks?
- Baby may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner’s as you chat with each other.
- He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs.
- He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel.
- If you’re having a boy (yup), his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
How is mama feeling?
A decent week of workouts considering that the KidZone at the gym was closed for two days (thanks to family for helping out!).
Here’s the rundown for last week:
- Monday – Bootcamp
- Tuesday – Walk + 50 pushups
- Wednesday – ArcTrainer (30 min) + Total Body Strength
- Thursday – AM: Upper body + Core + 2 mile walk PM: Zumba with sister
- Friday – Bootcamp + 10 min. on the battle ropes
- Saturday – REST
- Sunday – REST
Another horrible week of sleep! Bah! Maybe I’m entering that dreaded pregnancy insomnia time?? I wake up at least three times per night and toss and turn to get back to sleep.
BOY! Porter Killian
Umm…we’ve got a weird looking innie/outtie situation going on. <-yes, still.
On. Pretty loose actually.
None! <-I’ll be filming that little secret I was talking about last week VERY SOON!
Henry finally had the patience to feel Porter kick! <-Clara has yet to get there. He was SO intrigued by it…like the fact that there really IS something in my belly kicked in for him. Now he asks me a couple times a day if he can feel my belly.
Another highlight of the week was getting a 75-minute facial! I rarely treat myself to any pampering (I do my own hair and nails and I get a massage once a year or so), so this was a rare treat. The facial was so good in fact that I bought myself another one for a later date (along with some of the products she used during the facial – anyone else a sucker for new stuff??)!! For you locals, the place was called “Skin Spa” and is located in the Haywood Hotel in downtown Asheville.
- Braxton Hicks <-tons of these but nothing to be worried about.
- Glowing skin (but that’s probably from the facial)
Warm comfort foods like stews and chili! It’s so COLD!
Ground sirloin + butternut squash + black beans
QUESTION: Give me a HIGHLIGHT from your past week!