Merry Christmas Eve!! I wasn’t sure if I was going to post a pregnancy update because I don’t want you guys to spend even a second at your computers this week – go have fun offline! BUT, I had a few extra minutes yesterday to write so I figured why not. Just peruse this post, look at the (growing) baby bump and then get back to eating cookies and opening presents! On that note, I’m not sure how often I’ll be posting in the next few days – maybe a “share Christmas pictures” post but nothing more. I hope you all have the most fabulous week, regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas or not! This is just a magical time of year, isn’t it?!
What is baby up to at 24 weeks?
- Baby weighs about 1 1/3 pounds!
- Since he’s almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he’ll soon start to plump up.
- His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop.
- His lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world.
How is mama feeling?
Let’s see. I’ll share it list-style.
- Monday – SICK
- Tuesday – SICK
- Wednesday – Bootcamp + 30 min. walk
- Thursday – 30 min. intervals on Arc Trainer + Total Body Strength
- Friday – Bootcamp + 30 min. walk
- Saturday – Zumba
- Sunday – REST
This week I’ve had a hard time FALLING asleep – it’s seriously taken me an hour or so! Rare for sure. I just lay there and start thinking about the day (or talking to God) and I’ll look at the clock and an hour will have passed. I feel pretty rested so I guess it’s ok.
Picking out Porter’s quilt fabric!!! My mama always makes my babies a quilt as a gift (thanks mama!) so we shopped for the fabric this week. Check out the color scheme!
Grey, navy, peach and white with a “nature” theme! I can’t wait to see the finished product – I’ll be sure to share!!
- Nausea. (SO over it.)
- Lower back pain at the end of the day.
CUTIES!!!! I’ve been downing 3 or 4 of these bad boys every day! Luckily, Clara shares this love so we’re high on Vitamin C right now.
QUESTION: What’s your favorite seasonal food this time of year?? Do you still have your baby blanket?? <-I have a couple actually – the kids use them to build forts.