Ok…so…apparently there are MANY things that are not acceptable to say to a pregnant woman – thanks for weighing in!!! The consensus was that the following statement is ALWAYS welcome – “You’re glowing!!” Can’t go wrong with that.
Oh and if you’re pregnant and looking for some good comebacks to those ignoramus remarks, a friend suggested this link. Hilarious!
What is baby up to at 22 weeks?
- At 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a spaghetti squash), baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn.
- His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he’s even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.
- His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
How is mama feeling?
Moving swiftly is becoming a little harder. I can do most everything that I did before I was pregnant, but it is MUCH slower. In Bootcamp, I’m still in denial about that and try to keep up with the class for the first little bit, but then either my belly will get in the way or my feet will just refuse to go fast. It’s ok. There will be time for FAST in a few months – right now I’m just trying to get in there and sweat every day. And I’m trying not to fall on my face (still trying to forget the “Lindsay fell off the treadmill while pregnant with Henry” incident of 2008….yeah.).
I logged 8 hours of fitness this past week! Three Bootcamps, 2 strength sessions and three walks. I’ll take it!
Going great! I’ve been able to stay up with Travis most nights until 10pm (!!) and then one of the kids poke me in the face wake me up around 7:15am every morning. I’ve also been sneaking naps in on the days that my MIL takes Henry for the afternoon. Sometimes I just lay there and think and pray. Sometimes I wake up in a pool of drool.
I won a giveaway!! Fit Mama was giving away a $25 credit to Chic Pipsqueak – I entered – I WON! (I almost never win anything BUT this month I’ve won 2 other giveaways in addition to this one! Goes to show that you should annoyingly enter every giveaway that’s out there!).
- Nausea. I don’t want to talk about it.
- Round ligament pain.
- Braxton Hicks <-tons of these lately, mostly in the evening. They often go away when I change positions or drink water.
- More energy!
QUESTION: I plan to announce the baby’s NAME in next week’s post! Any guesses on what we decided on?? (Hint: His initials are P.K.)