I meant to get these pictures up on Saturday but, well…life got in the way. I kinda love when it does that. We had a great weekend spent relaxing, CLEANING and organizing all of our new toys (tip for mamas: tuck away a few of the toys and bring them out in a couple of months. The kids never notice the absence of Toy #34 as they’re too busy playing with Toy #33. It’s like Christmas all over again come March and June!) I WAS going to take our tree down but the forecast is calling for flurries on Monday (the closest we’ve come to real snow this season – **update – it did NOT snow, not even a little. boo.**) and I thought the tree might look beautiful with a little snow on the ground. I’ll take it down eventually. Or not.
Here’s a glimpse into our Christmas Day! First, a rundown of the day:
- 7:15am – Casually get up, make coffee and open presents at home.
- 8:30am – Become completely enamored over Clara’s new Calico Critter’s townhouse (oh ma gosh – the pieces are adorably tiny and we’ve already lost a couple). Notice the time and freak out because we’re supposed to be at my mama’s house in 30 minutes.
- 9:15am – Late to mamas’. Open presents. Highlight for kids: new Scooters. Highlight for me: Pedicure gift certificate!
- 10:00am – Traditional Christmas breakfast at my Uncle and Aunt’s house.
- 11:30am – Drive to Travis’ parents and open presents. Take a walk with SIL.
- 2:00pm – Nap with Clara.
- 5:00pm – Play!
- 6:00pm – BACK over to Uncle and Aunt’s house for Christmas dinner (brunswick stew)
- 7:30pm – BACK over to Travis’ parents for fellowship and dessert.
- 10:00pm – Bed!
An exhausting day, but I’m so very thankful that Travis and I can share the day with both sides of the family. I realize a lot of couples have to choose each year which family they’ll visit. Luckily, our parents live like 5 minutes apart!
Now the photodump!
^^yep, I own a pair of red footie pajamas (so does Travis actually). Love them.^^
^^(so teeny! so adorable, right?!?!!!)^^
^^Henry quote of the day – after opening a microscope – “Look mama!!! More SCHOOLWORK!!! YES!”^^
QUESTION: Do you share holidays between the inlaws? When do you take your Christmas tree down?