18 weeks…aka, “The week I POPPED.” <-let’s forgo any confusion and all read that as POP, shall we?!
There comes a time in every pregnancy when the belly starts craving attention. It’s science. You go to bed one night with a softball-sized bump, barely noticeable to anyone paying attention and then the next morning, you look a stuffed Thanksgiving day turkey. This happened to me this week.
The belly is HERE. Maternity pants are necessary. It no longer looks like I’ve just “gained a little weight.”
And I absolutely LOVE it. (so does my doting husband!) <-side note here. I used to feel proud or something when people would say, “You’re barely showing.” Like I was succeeding at putting off looking pregnant – like it was something to dread. After more thought, I realize how amazingly stupid that mentality is. I’m pregnant!! I’m SUPPOSED to look pregnant. It’s part of this whole miracle.
What is baby up to at 18 weeks?
- Head to rump, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper).
- Baby is busy flexing it’s arms and legs — movements that you’ll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. <-already noticing!
- If baby is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. <-we’ll know the sex NEXT Tuesday!!!
How is mama feeling?
As of yesterday, I’m still below my pre-pregnancy weight (by about 3 pounds). I’m STARVING all the time right now (and eating all the time right now) so I’m quite certain next week will be my last weight gain report for these updates.
I’m feeling like my old self again in terms of energy! Workouts have been happening every day, with 1 or 2 rest days thrown in. The time change kind of threw a damper on our evening walks (it’s just too dark and cold to take the stroller out), so I’ve been walking earlier in the day.
Going well! Up less to pee. Still sleeping on my stomach (with a pillow propped under half of it).
Yes! Tons of rolling and “fluttering” going on. No substantial kicks yet.
- A wee bit of nausea <- do you hear that?!?! Only a wee bit (mostly in the evenings)!! It’s WAY more manageable this week. Thank you, Father!
- Growing pains <-sometimes my stomach muscles just ache from growing.
- Itchy eyes
Nothing noteworthy enough to report. I can eat most foods and try to focus on getting more vegetables in, as they were nonexistent for SO long in the first trimester. I did make some pretty amazing sourdough french toast the other night for dinner. Actually, I guess you could call that a craving – sourdough bread is just too good!
QUESTION: Tell me what type of workouts you’re currently digging right now. Leave any links if you can!