I’m making this short and sweet this week, you guys! To be honest, I haven’t felt like sitting down in front of the computer at ALL today and just want to watch New Girl on Netflix. Speaking of, how have I just now found this show?!?! I love it so far – still on Season 1 – how many seasons are there?
Anyway, let’s get to some baby talk, week 17-style!
What is baby up to at 17 weeks?
- Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she’s around 5 inches long from head to bottom.
- Baby can move it’s joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop.
How is mama feeling?
Another gaining week (notice a trend here? )! I’m up another pound – so still sitting at a 5 pound loss from the beginning of the pregnancy. Let me repeat this again – when I get back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, I’ll stop tracking the weight gain. I hope you’ll understand. (P.S. I’m totally sucked in to posts that share numbers about weight/body fat so if you’re like me, these new “non-sharing” posts might ….bore you. I totally get it. Just one more reason for me to step out of my head and off the scale though. You dig?)
The cold bug that I talked about last week hung around ALL WEEK so my workouts took a hit. I logged 5 hours of activity – bootcamps, walking and one lifting session. This week promises to be much better – yesterday’s Bootcamp class gave me a great boost of confidence in my energy/strength level. A few (or four) days of total rest can do the body wonders.
Great! It’s been several weeks now that I haven’t used the B6/Unisom combo or Phenergan (both of which put you to sleep). When I weaned from those aids, my body had a hard time finding it’s normal pattern again. But now, I’m happy to say that I’m getting some very SOLID rest – usually 9-10 hours every night.
YES!!! Lots of “quickening,” which I’d say feels very similar to butterflies in my lower abdomen. The kicks are coming next and I cannot wait!
- Dry eyes!! I honestly never noticed this with either of the two previous pregnancies, but having dry, itchy eyes is apparently very common during this trimester. I’m usually in my glasses for the 2nd half of the day because my contacts just itch like crazy.
- Nausea. Yes. Still.
- Braxton hicks contractions. Usually when I’m dehydrated. A common occurrence and not painful in any way.
- Smashed Avocado Sandwiches!!! I’ve eaten one every day for nearly a week!
On a local bakery’s sourdough bread (!!) – 1/2 avocado, tomato, spinach, extra sharp cheese and spicy mustard.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (yay!)
QUESTION: I’m also totally into soups and stews right now and looking for recipes. If you’ve got any outstanding ones to share for the stove or crockpot, leave me a link please!