Man. I wish survey started with an “f”.
I saw this on Janetha’s site and stole it. Also like her, I believe I’ve already completed this survey some time ago. Oh well. New year, new answers. Let’s do it!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Since I’m pre-writing this, I’ll tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. I basically made french toast without the toast (and in the microwave).
Here’s what I did: Cracked two eggs into a bowl (spray it with cooking oil first), beat them and then microwave for about 1 and 1/2 minutes (stir halfway through). Top with blueberries (throw it back in the microwave for 10 seconds to make the berries nice and gooey), PB2 and lite maple syrup. Eat it with a spoon and enjoy your morning!
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Probably 80-100 ounces. It depends on if I forget my water bottle at home or at the gym, which happens way too often. I really only ever drink water. And blood.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Right now, I’m crushing on the Solider of Steel workout that I told you guys about Wednesday. I plan to incorporate at least three of them into my week for the next month or so. Aside from that, I loved this leg workout from Fit Mama! I keep it handy and have done it probably 4 times. Try it!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
No clue. I’d say anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000, depending on my schedule. If I’m home and bored, I eat more. If I’m busy (like I am currently), I eat less. I’m sure my calorie consumption fluctuates with the seasons too – winter=more, summer=less.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
There are so many – I’m a snacker. I love…
- Banana and almond butter (microwaved for about 15 seconds!)
- The Good Bean (addictive!!)
- Baby carrots and hummus
- Chobani Bites and Flips! (I usually stir in a little protein powder to these for more staying power!)
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Like I said, I like to snack so lunch is a two parter. I typically have something around 11 and then again at 1:30 (and again at 3:30). Yesterday, I had lean ground turkey mixed with broccoli slaw, spinach and roasted red pepper hummus, which I suppose was my “lunch.”
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Legs! LOVE lunges and squats.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Triceps. I almost always forget.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Flippin’ hate that word – “bad”. No food is bad (unless we’re talking HFCS or poisonous apples) so the connotation of good and bad foods makes me a little angry. But I understand the question so I’ll answer. My favorite food of all time and I eat it every single week is UNDERCOOKED BROWNIES. I haven’t died yet. (But when I do, somebody please write, “Lindsay loved brownies” on my tombstone.)
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Not really. I have them but I forget. I always remember to take my probiotic though.
11. How often do you eat out?
Once a week. Breakfast on Saturday morning!
12. Do you eat fast food?
No. We can’t afford it. Our health or our wallets.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My husband. Always.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I have a FREE gym membership since I work there! Actually, for the larger part of the last 8 years, I haven’t had to pay for a gym membership because I’ve always worked at one. A nice little perk!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Aim for 9…but with the show and rehearsal it’s usually around 7. Gosh I love sleep so much! The last five years of parenthood have made me appreciate it all the more.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Nope. Not really. Nothing against it, but if I’m going to take in calories, I’d rather eat them. #there #isaidit
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Yes. Katy and I work out together as often as we can. Either taking walks or classes together. She pushes me to be better!
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
The best thing that has happened to me is that I started being less “healthy.” I stopped counting calories. I stopped dieting. I stopped weighing myself and my food. I let go of a lot of the things that people normally see as “healthy” because they weren’t so healthy for me. And you know what, I weigh less now than I did when I got married, I have better skin and hair and I’m MUCH stronger! Less is more, I think.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
QUESTION: Take one of the questions above and answer it for yourself! Then have one heck of a great weekend!