Welcome to Tuesday!!!!
Welcome to Tuesday Trainer!
If you’re new to the show, just click on over and see what TT is all about. In a nutshell, it’s about being awesome.
(I understand that I overuse that word. Who doesn’t?!?! It’s an awesome word.)
The theme for this week’s TT is YOGA/STRETCHING!!
Let me tell you how much I know about yoga:
- I rarely do it. Like maybe once a month. I know I should do yoga more, but it would require a naptime commitment and I’m just too busy typing posts and eating candy corn.
- Bikram yoga makes me want to vomit, smile and curse all in the same 90 minutes. I think I read in an interview once that Mr. Bikram just doesn’t like people in general. That’s why he invented the class. Oh and to make gobs of money.
- All that being said, Bikram is hands down, my very favorite form of yoga. I practiced for a year when we lived in Denver and then some random classes here and there since we moved home. One with this lady.
- If I could practice with any person in the whole world, it would be with this girl. She’d show me a thing or two and then we’d go play on her farm. Actually, she guest hosted a TT here and the topic was YOGA!
- Yoga rhymes with toga. And Saratoga. Two words. But really only one since “toga” is involved in making Saratoga a word.
- Did I mention that I don’t know much about it?
So yeah. Yoga and I don’t really spend a lot of time together. That’s why I needed YOU GUYS to show me some of your favorite moves! No workout this week – since I don’t feel comfortable telling you what sequence to put these into. But rather, we’ll have a “Showcase of Moves.” NINE submissions in all, some stretches, most yoga poses.
Go through and watch everyone, then visit their blogs! That’s what this feature is all about – Supporting one another!
And becoming envious of each other’s hot yoga pants (or in Baby Adrienne’s case – footie pajamas).
|Bridge & Wheel||Lauren|
|IT Band Stretch||Katie & Baby Adrienne|
|IT Band Stretch||Neil & Katelyn|
|Seated Spinal Twist||Christine|
Standing Figure 4 – ME
Bridge & Wheel – Lauren, oatmealafterspinning
IT Band Stretch – Katie, yesiwantcake
Eagle Pose – Lindsay, cottercrunch
Crow Pose – Tamara, fitknitchick
Seated Spinal Twist – Christine, lovelifesurf
Camel Pose – Paige, yourtrainerpaige
Triangle Pose – Angela, happyfitmama
Triangle Pose – Katie, talklesssaymore
Thank you to all who submitted – your pumpkin spice cookies are in the mail! (no. not really at all.) Stay tuned for the next Tuesday Trainer theme at the end of this month!
My goal is to do at least three of these today at naptime! Anyone wanna commit to that?
QUESTION: Yoga? Yay or gag me with a yogi spoon?