Happy Friday!! (I seem to be in a rut with my greetings – everything is always “happy”. Hmm…)
I recently saw this healthy living survey on Paige’s site (recently as in 2 months ago) and just knew it would make the perfect Friday filler. Fun, flirty and full of “f”’s.
**All “today” questions are being answered for Thursday – not today. Confusing? Not really. Just pretend we’re in a hot tub time machine. Do it! Pretend that!*
Healthy Living Survey:
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
2% Plain Chobani cup with 1/2 scoop of vanilla fitmixer protein powder, blueberries, TJ’s Almond Flax Butter, raw almonds, and a sprinkling of granola.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
When nursing: 120 ounces
When not (so now): 100 ounces
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Currently, I’m injured. So I’ve been doing low impact strength training and water aerobics.
But in general, I love Bootcamp classes! Lots of variety and a mix of endurance, strength, power, agility, etc. Bootcamp classes cover it all!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I don’t count calories anymore. I go through phases where I think I’ll be ok and not whack out over counting, then I realize that it’s just not a good idea for me.
That being said, I *think* I get anywhere from 1,500 to 1,600 calories per day. Sometimes more on the days that I teach doubles.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I basically snack all day, so the question should read, “What are your favorite foods?”
I snack on:
- Chobani yogurt messes (Chobani with lots of add-ins/toppings)
- Cereal with “protein milk”
- String Cheese and Almonds
- Think Thin bars
- fitmixer Protein Shake (powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk and ice)
- Hummus and vegetables or Stacey’s pita chips
- ProBar’s Fruition bars
And a lot of other things. Snacking is my passion. My passion, people!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Umm…pick one of those things above and call it “Lunch #1”, then two hours later, I’ll have “Lunch #2”.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
LEGS!! Even though I confessed I don’t particularly LOVE my legs, they are STRONG!
I love doing lunges and squats and deadlifts and anything else that works these gams.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Smaller muscles (biceps, triceps, calves). Just because I think doing isolated moves is a waste of time. Strength training is essential for a healthy and is recommended by many cardio vascular doctors in Vineland.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Ha! Bad as in naughty?? No food is off limits. But I can go a little overboard with baked sweets for sure.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I used to be SO good about taking a daily multi. Need to get back into that habit.
11. How often do you eat out?
Once every 2 weeks. Maybe? Not nearly enough to suit me, but I’m married to Mr. Frugalmeister.
12. Do you eat fast food?
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I work out at (and work at) the Franklin Health and Fitness Center! By FAR, our town’s best gym!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
8-9. Sleep might just be the highlight of my entire day. And I say that in the best way possible. Sleep is simply wonderful!!
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. I hate that word.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Not really. Honestly, I’d rather eat my calories.
Although I have been known to imbibe.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Yup! My sister, Katy.
She’s stronger than me though.
She always lets me come up with the workouts and participates without complaining (unless it’s burpees or something plyo). I love her.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?
I’ve really always been committed to a healthy lifestyle. But the one thing that I’m proud of is giving up all soda (diet or non) 1 1/2 years ago! A HUGE thing at the time, as I was drinking three Diet Rites a day! Now, I can seriously say that I don’t miss it!
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Kissed my children goodnight.
And I consider that a VERY healthy thing.
QUESTION: Pick one of the 20 questions above and answer it!!