Two serious (ish) posts in one week makes my fun side want to come out and play.
Some Friday Fings:
1. I’m STILL sore from doing Fran last week. I don’t consider myself a “CrossFitter” (There is no box, just me trying some of the workouts at the gym), but last week, I did three WOD’s! They were no joke hard.
Fran was one of them.
A week later, my lats are still sore. The tendon at my biceps is sore (biceps femoris tendon). I need to learn how to do a stinking kipping pull-up, because I think the CrossFit bug has bitten me.
2. I want to sit on this girl’s new deck while she feeds me cobbler. Yep, that’s what I wanna do. All summer long.
3. Ingenious marketing.
Time to go shopping. It doesn’t specify shopping “for soap.” That arrow could EASILY be pointing to a Lululemon store. Easily.
4. I’m taking over Asheville this weekend with the help of the lovely Mrs. Cotter. (And this girl and these twins!!) Bele Chere better watch out – I’ve got like $10 in cash, a broom skirt and I’m not afraid to haggle. Or try to use a coupon for your homemade street soap.
5. Holly created a Lindsay’s List button for me. I’m in love. With hot pink, this button and Holly.
6. The Olympics open today. You already knew that. I know that you already know because only smart, awesome, inspirational people read my blog. So I know that I’m not the only one who’ll be glued to their television for the next month.
Favorite event? Everything, anything and all of them! Oh, and you have to eat cantaloupe with salt and pepper on it when you watch the Olympics. A rule.
7. Speaking of the Olympics, those blasted commercials get me every.single.time (go ahead an say every.single.time out loud. It’s so fun. Whoa.) This one made me bawl like a baby.
You’re crying real tears right now, aren’t you.
8. This week, I really began homeschooling Henry.
As in, we now have books, time set aside and a goal of writing his name and NOT having it look like a serial killer’s signature.
The turtle wins the race.
Those are my Friday fings…..now tell me one of YOURS! (bonus points if you eat your cantaloupe with salt and pepper)