The Wright family is absolutely LOVING this vacation time!! Saturday, we explored the Boulder Farmer’s Market (which was HUGE!) and I was even spotted by a reader (hi, Sarah! I feel like a celebrity. Still look like a haggard mom.) Today, we’re going for the hike we had planned for Saturday, up in the Flat Irons.
Today’s guest post comes from a VERY dear friend, who I actually had the pleasure of meeting yesterday!! She’s every bit as sweet and down to earth in person, as she is on her amazing blog, Yes I Want Cake. She also happens to be my BLEND co-host and bedmate! Oh, and I agree with every word she’s written below.
Long title. Shesh. I don’t blame you if you gave up halfway through and are now just looking at the pictures. I really don’t. That is one adorable baby face if I do say so myself.
Okay, let’s get started here. THANK YOU to Lindsay for having me guest post for her. We’ve become the best of friends while planning BLEND over the last few months. It’s hard to believe that her trip out here will be the FIRST time we meet. Between the 29 emails a day, the texts, and the occasional phone conversation – I feel like we’ve known each other forever. (<- me too, Katie! I love you!)
Okay, I’ll make my point(s) now.
The Top 5 Reasons I Decided to Be a Stay at Home Mama
1. I don’t want to work that hard – waking up early, getting ready, getting baby ready, getting packed, schlepping the baby to daycare, working hard all day, back to daycare to pick up baby, coming home exhausted, being grumpy, trying to take care of my family/dinner/laundry/getting ready for the next day. Blah…I’m tired just typing all that out. I just want to play at the pool all day long.
2. I get a lot of satisfaction in taking care of the home and my family – I feel such a sense of accomplishment when the household is in order, errands are run, breakfast, lunch and dinner are made by me, the fridge is full and everyone loves me for taking care of them. What’s not to like?
3. It didn’t make financial sense – I was a teacher before I had my little gal, and it made zero sense for me to hand over more than half my paycheck to someone for taking care of my child 40+ hours a week while I took care of other people’s children 40+ hours a week.. Zero sense. Yes, we’ve had to strap down the budget, but…
4. I don’t want to miss a single moment of Adrienne’s life – not just the FIRST steps, or FIRST smile, but every single step and every single smile. I want to see it all. Plus, I want to be THE major influence in her life. I want to teach her what I know. I want to her to have my values and discipline her the way I think is best and love her the way I think is best. I want to be her full-time mama.
5. The Bible says I should – here and here
There you have it! Sure, there are days when I wish someone would come wipe the poop of Adrienne’s back for me, or do the dishes, or put ME down for a nap. But I have never thought twice about my decision and I’m loving life more than I ever thought possible.
Katie is a stay at home mama with a sweet tooth and a healthy appetite. She also has a passion for running and all things Crossfit. She blogs at Yes, I Want Cake, eats WAY too many vegetables and she’s one of my best friends!