Some fun. And a list. Which I always love.
1. Throw sticks and stones, but I kinda wanted it to snow just once this Winter. INSTEAD, North Carolina has skipped Spring altogether, and decided that 86 degrees is acceptable for March. Apparently, North Carolina doesn’t understand seasons. North Carolina needs to buy me some sunscreen and a spray tan. North Carolina needs to butt out.
2. Every Thursday, our local health food store has a huge sale and I go spend money on things we really don’t need (much to Travis’ chagrin)! Yesterday’s finds:
L to R: Nana’s Gluten Free Lemon Cookies, Once Again Organic Sunflower Butter, Way Better Sweet Chile Tortilla Chips, Go Raw Original Super Cookies, Newman’s Own Cinnamon Hermits.
For afternoon snack…
For tomorrow morning’s yogurt mess…
3. I’m loving this post and this post and TOTALLY agree with this latest finding!!! (who’s with me?!)
4. I have a date tonight with Travis. He’s taking me out to dinner and show at our local theater. I’m excited. I am. But couldn’t we just drop off the kids, pick up a pizza and come back here to veg out? Getting all gussied makes me want to vomit.
5. Have you heard of Greyson? She explains things. Henry has a crush.
6. I did this leg workout yesterday. I can’t walk today. I have a crush.
7. A fun baking tip for all you foodies. When you add Sunflower Butter to a cookie recipe, the next day, your cookies will turn GREEN!! Like broccoli green!
I did not know this. A normal person might stop and think before tasting a green cookie, that should be a normal brown color. I am no such person. I live on the edge. I’m a rebel.
Why the distinct color change?
The chlorogenic acid (chlorophyll) in sunflower seeds react with the baking soda/powder when baked causing the green color when the product cools down. Depending on the recipe, even a splash of lemon juice could help. Source.
(Green or not, they still tasted great – recipe to come!)
8. Did anyone go to the midnight viewing of Hunger Games?
Worth all the hype? Worth spending $8 on?
9. Do you like ending lists on odd numbers? I usually don’t. It’s almost akin to stopping the gas on an odd number when pumping. Eeeek!
But like I said, I live on the edge. So we’ll stop here for today.
HAPPY FRIDAY, friends!! See you on Monday!
QUESTION: Who are you crushing on recently??