Tell the truth. That title made you want to read this post. I’m setting sleazy internet searchers up for a sore disappointment. Oh well.
What I’m here to spread the news about is not another Paris Hilton sex-tape, but a MUD RUN!!
The Dirty Girl Mud Run to be exact!
The Dirty Girl is a female-only, 5K mud run designed for women of all fitness levels and ages. Rather than a competitive, timed race, the Dirty Girl Mud Run is a celebration of women – no matter their shape, size, age or athletic abilities! <-heck yes!!
It’s untimed and it’s MESSY!!
Originated just last year, this race has now expanded to 12 U.S. Cities!! Cities booked on the tour so far include ATLANTA, Scranton, Indianapolis, Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Milwaukee, Buffalo and Denver! Go here for dates and times!
Sweet Race Shirt!!
A couple of fun facts:
- You can run as an individual or form a team (a.k.a group together with other crazy, fun women that you know!)
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation is the cause partner – by the end of the season last year, Dirty Girl had donated $50,000 to them!! Oh and get this – in each city of the 2012 tour, 250 cancer survivors will receive COMPLIMENTARY registration to the event!!
- The obstacles are hard, but doable! There’s a wall climb, a mud pit, a tire swing thingy-ma-bob. It looks like torturous fun! And since it’s not timed, you can go at your own pace!
- The race atmosphere is FUN! Music, food, dancing, celebrating! Strong women out there doing their thing!
- For more information, go to www.godirtygirl.com, check out their Facebook page, or follow on Twitter!
Atlanta is a mere 1 1/2 hours away from me, so I decided to help spread the news about that particular race!! I will be out of town on April 28th, when the Atlanta race takes place (sad face), BUT Dirty Girl has graciously agreed to let me GIVE AWAY one race entry!!
One Lindsay’s List reader will win a free registration to a Dirty Girl race of their choosing (you pick the location!) (a $65 value!!)
Leave a comment below telling me if you’ve ever done an adventure race before. Or just tell me a messy story.
- Tweet the following and leave a comment, telling me you tweeted.
I want to race in a 2012 @godirtygirl Mud Run! Giveaway today via @lindsays_list – http://wp.me/p1Mp21-1sU
- Share this post on Facebook. Leave a comment, telling me you did.
I’ll randomly select a winner on Thursday night and announce he/she on Friday!! Good luck!!
Oh, and just for fun, I’ll show you the outfit I wore on my first “mud run”, the Warrior Dash, last year! I was going for an 80’s theme…turned out more “trashy-chic”. I was home alone, so these were the only two pic’s I snagged with the self timer. <-good thing.
P.S. Even if you don’t win the giveaway, you should DEFINITELY run one of these races!! I promise you, they are hilarious! You’ll laugh, you’ll get a great workout…you can wear a trashy-chic outfit and no one will judge.