**Thank you for your well-wishes and prayers! They worked! Headed to the gym now to sweat the rest of this gunk out. Just in time for Tuesday Trainer too – don’t forget to submit your LEG moves by tonight!**
Don’t you just hate it when you get hit by a car while you’re out running? Then they take you to the hospital and nobody knows who you are or who to contact?!?!
Are you tired of having to run with your Kate Spade purse in hand, just so you can have your driver’s license around if you need it??
Those shoes that don’t have a cool id. They’re sad.
Bare wrists, begging for some identification.
All HUGE problems.
With one tiny solution.
I was recently asked if I wanted to get my own RoadID – ummm, duh, yes! Read their story here.
If I’m going to be logging mileage for this upcoming half mary, I’d better have some protection. And if having a RoadID makes it easier for my mom to sleep at night, I’m in!!
The Top 10 reasons you should wear ID when doing ANY outdoor sport (not just running!):
1. If you can’t speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
2. Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
3. Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
4. Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
5. Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
6. Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
7. It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
8. Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
9. Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t.
10. Road ID can save your Life. Period.
You can customize everything about your ID!! I’ll take you through my own customization process, minus the part where Clara laughs and spits semi-chewed string cheese on the computer screen while I’m trying to type in my information. I’ll leave that curds and whey part out of the story.
First, decide how you want to WEAR your RoadID – on your wrist, your ankle or your shoe.
When designing my own, I chose the shoe option. I knew I didn’t want to have to hassle with remembering to bring it along. Much like a my close friend, Richard Marx, would say – on my shoe, my RoadID would be right there waiting for me.
Next up, select the COLOR you want. I chose blue. (wishing they had a green option <-favorite color).
After that, you tell them what information you want on the ID. On each line, I was given some suggestions of what to write, then I simply filled in each line with my own information.
My name/Date of Birth
Contact 1 Name and Phone Number/Relationship
Contact 2 Name and Phone Number/Relationship
(So tempted to write 867-5309, but didn’t.)
I was going to have “Get UP and move” as my motto, but the more I thought about it, I like to get OUT of the house and go. So guess that’s my motto – “Get OUT and MOVE!”. I like it.
It wasn’t long before my sweet little ID came in the mail. I immediately took her for a 5 mile run.
It hasn’t come off. You can’t feel it. The RoadID is just there for peace of mind in case something goes wrong while I’m out running.
->Funny story – my ID came in handy the other day when I left my shoes in the Fitness Center locker room. Not 30 minutes after I left them, I got a call from someone saying they found my shoes.
And ONE sock ?!?! #mommybrain
One reader will get their very own RoadID!
- (Mandatory) Leave a comment on this post telling me the one thing you MUST have to run. (certain shoes, music, etc.)
- (Optional) Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter and leave a comment telling me that you did.
Win your own @RoadID at @lindsays_list today!! http://wp.me/p1Mp21-14O #giveaway #roadid
- (Optional) Share the giveaway on Facebook – simply hit the Facebook Icon below. Leave a comment telling me that you did.
Best of luck, friends!! Giveaway ends Thursday night, January 12th. The randomly chosen winner will be announced on Friday!
*Item for review and giveaway were provided for free by RoadID. All opinions are 100% mine and I was not paid for this post.