I used to hate Thursday’s. I’m pretty sure I complained here and here and here about them. (That’s actually only one link. I could have SWORN I complained more than that, but I couldn’t find the posts. Oh well…pretend there are links there and just believe that Thursdays were bad.)
The whole day was a bust…the kids were crankier, my house seemed to always need a good scrubbing and it was the one day where I was too busy to workout (i.e. sweat out the stress!). Something would invariably go wrong.
But lately, I’ve really been trying to focus on the POSITIVE things about Thursdays (Katie told me to.) And really any day! When you’re lying in bed and the alarm goes off, you get to choose how you’re going to approach the day.
That’s one of the great things about having free will. CHOICE.
So I ask you, how is your day going so far? Have you been complaining? Did you smile at your husband and your kids or did you scowl at them? Are you thankful? Or are you having “White People Problems” (i.e. something that you complain about, but that in the grand scheme of things, is ridiculously shallow or petty)?
Here’s my go at it – Thursdays are wonderful because:
- One day closer to the weekend.
- Worship Team practice happens on Thursday night (although I haven’t been in two weeks due to Aladdin rehearsal – can’t wait to get back to the Team – I still sing on Sunday mornings with them, but it’s nice to have a mid-week meeting. Plus – it’s usually the only time during the week that I get to see my sister.)
- Thursday’s are now a lifting day for me. And I LOVE lifting (maybe even more than running right now). As this posts, I’ll be at the gym doing the TT from this week!
- And lastly, I get to post “Thursday’s Theme”!!
Nice segway, Linds…
The theme for this week’s Tuesday Trainer is “Equipment – Trainer’s Choice”!!
This means that YOU GUYS get to select your favorite piece of equipment and submit a move using it! It can be something that we’ve already done (BOSU, Resistance Bands, etc) OR it can be something new, like using gliders or a TRX system or whatever. YOU get to choose! Submit the moves and then I’ll put together the workout.
Here’s my move – using a BODY BAR – Oblique/Plié Squats
Just disregard the part where I say that the theme is Body Bar.
A few guidelines on submitting your move:
- Make sure to introduce yourself AND your blog! If you don’t blog, just tell us who you are!
- Feel free to give tips on proper execution and technique.
- DON’T include a number of reps. I’ll do that part.
- If your move isn’t correct, meaning improper form or instruction, I will not be able to feature it. Do your homework and get it right!!
- On Tuesday, grab the Tuesday Trainer button, to provide your readers (IF you’re a blogger) with an easy link to the workout! Simply copy the text in my side bar and paste it into your HTML code.
**DEADLINE for submitting moves is Monday night, the 5th, at 8pm EST. Again, go here to learn how to upload your video!***
And remember – ANYONE can participate – blogger or not! Mom, get your Thighmaster out from under the bed! Or does Katy have it? Can’t remember.
QUESTION: Tell me one of your “White Person” problems. Mine? I found FIVE white hairs in my hair yesterday. Gah!!! I’m well on my way to joining the old bessies I teach in water aerobics. Just need a floral print one-piece and Aqua Socks.
**Lastly, today is the last day to enter the mix1 giveaway. These really are wonderful shakes, guys! Go enter!**