First things first…..the winner of the Gnu Fiber & Flavor Bars is……
Congrats, Brooke! Email me your address and I’ll get the case shipped ASAP!
Now on to something fun for your Friday. I like to think that I’ve made you all laugh at least a little bit over the past few months. Knowing this makes me happy. Like I’m bringing a little light into the world. Laughter really is the best medicine – so great for us both mentally and emotionally! PLUS, laughing burns lots of calories.
Prepare to burn off your lunches.
Here’s a recap of my triathlon…and why kayaking sucks!
(The calorie burning part starts around 2:50. You’re welcome!)
Take-aways from this race:
- I LOVE running and biking. Running more so than biking, but both are so much fun!!
- Bicycling makes me feel like a 10 year old kid again! Only now, I don’t have braces and an “umbrella of bangs”. I may or may not still own Limited Too attire. #matchingplaidskirtsforthewin
- Kayaking makes me feel claustrophobic. And I don’t like feeling claustrophobic! During the two miles in the boat, all I kept thinking (aside from kayaking sucks) was that I wish I could GET OUT and swim or move my legs.
- Next year, I’ll a) train and b) select a lake kayak, instead of a whitewater kayak.
- Vibram Five-Fingers are the perfect shoe for versatility – wonderful for the bike, run, AND kayak! None of my body’s downward momentum and energy was absorbed by padding that you might find in a normal shoe. I was able to put all of my energy onto the peddle – felt great!
- I’m truly thankful to be able to move and leap and bound and cycle and run and row. My health is a true blessing that I’ll NEVER take for granted!
THANK YOU, my dear Travis, for uploading, editing and just MAKING this little film. Your reward is coming! Thanks to Teva for providing the soundtrack (Tevanthology- Vol. 8)!
Questions: Have you ever raced a triathlon or adventure race? Any tips for the kayak? Any fun weekend plans I should be envious of?