I confess – > I love Fridays. That doesn’t really seem like a opening-up-I’m-sharing-something-amazing type of thing but still. I love them all the same. Fridays hold such a feeling of excitement – the weekend is an open book, full of opportunities and explorations. Even if 99% of the time, I just squander them away by binge watching Netflix and organizing my hair tie collection. The HOPE of Friday is real.
These are my Friday confessions:
1. I confess that I ate an entire pan of peanut butter bars by myself. I have absolutely no remorse. Sharing food is overrated.
2. I confess that I have an addiction to online window shopping. I’ll even go so far as to put things into my virtual cart, get overwhelmed with spending so much money and then I just close the browser window (and walk into the kitchen for some peanut butter bar). I KNOW I’m not alone in this tomfoolery – do you do this??
3. I sometimes feel as though I’m living a groundhog day. The same food, the same workouts, the same schedule, the same ways of coping with crying/annoying children. The same. Sometimes it’s wonderful to have routine and sometimes I forget which day it is because they all look EXACTLY the same.
4. I confess that I’ve taken three pregnancy tests in the past three weeks.
5. I confess that I’m not pregnant. And that I’m a little bummed about it.
6. I confess that I only encouraged Travis to coach Henry’s soccer team this year so that WE could have control over the day/time of practice. (And Travis is an amazing coach but that really had very little to do with my nudging).
One year ago. Look at Porter!!
7. I confess that we need God more than ever before. Our country is flailing and as much as I hate it when people use scare tactics to turn nonbelievers to Christ (“fire and brimstone, hell, damnation”), perhaps a little “the end is near”-talk is appropriate right now. Are you a believer?? Message me and let me tell you why I am (seriously)!
8. I confess that Travis and I have been using our Ultimate Frisbee nights as “dates”. Unconventional, yes. But after we’re done playing, I’ve never felt closer to him. Sweating together creates magic, I tell ya.
I lure him in with my knee-high socks….
10. I’m going to make another pan of peanut butter bars today. And not share.
These are my confessions.
Peace out, friends. And ENJOY this weekend. See you Monday!
QUESTION: Confess something to me. I won’t judge.