Porter is half a year old.
Wait, what?! It just boggles my mind.
Gosh, he’s such a great addition to our family. I feel like I take a lot of pictures of him, maybe more than I did of the other two kids, but he’s my baby during the smartphone age. Hehe. With Henry and Clara, I had an old slide phone that took horrible pictures. There was no Instagram or Snapchat. The pictures I have of the older two were taken on a old Kodak camera that put the timestamp in the left hand corner. I think I still have that camera – I’m sure it no longer works. Just funny to think about – Porter will have TONS of baby pictures to pick from aka I’ll have tons of baby pictures to send to his college girlfriend. (emphasis on “college” as that’s how old he’ll be when he even thinks about women. I’m not even going there.)
Six Months Postpartum – Me
There’s normally a “belly and striped underwear”-shot right here but I decided to lay off those for a while, remember? I’m feeling back to normal in every which way!! The only anomaly is that I’m nursing so my boobs are slightly bigger.
So we’ll skip right to the BABY!
Six Months Old – Porter
1 Month/2 Months
3 Months/4 Months
5 Months/6 Months
I always divide Porter’s update into three sections: EAT, AWAKE and SLEEP. We use (and have used for all three kids) the Baby Wise method and it works well for us. If you thrive off of schedules like me, you should look into this book (I also recommend, “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.” Both books follow the eat, awake, sleep cycles that work well in my opinion!)
- We’re still exclusively nursing over here. The highlight of our days.
- Porter nurses around 7-8 times a day and has cut out almost all of his night nursing! He’s quick and takes about 10 minutes.
- I plan to introduce solids in a month or so – I’m in no hurry (a post for another day).
- New discoveries: almost army crawling (he still seems to mostly move backwards)
- A JOY to be around! Very laid back, chill, happy and content. <-this makes life so much easier and I’m SO thankful.
- Still no teeth but he’s drooling ALL OVER the place so I think they’re coming.
- He goes in for his 6 month checkup on Friday but I’m guessing he’s close to 21 or 22 pounds.
- Wearing 12-18 month clothes. Size 3 diapers.
- Porter takes 2-3 naps during the day, almost always in his crib.
- Goes to bed around 9:30pm and is up for the day around 7:30am. He nurses sometime in the early morning (usually 4:45am).
- Still sleeping in our closet at night.
For more postpartum updates: