I was going to write a little recap of the mud run we ran last Saturday, but I’d rather just ramble. Let’s get to it.
Dana Lynn won Ms. Physique Olympia last year and she’s headed back to Vegas to try and reclaim the title. I don’t know really anything about her personally but I’m drawn to her amazing work ethic. Could I ever do a bodybuilding competition?? Probably not. I could do the workouts easy – it’s the diet stuff that would mess with my head.
Anyway, her husband has been doing these daily interviews/recaps of the days leading up to this weekend. I’ve watched them all – wish her the best!
Would you ever do a bikini/bodybuilding contest??
2. Speaking of diet, Travis and I have four days left in the 24 Day Advocare Challenge! WOOT WOOT! I’m excited to share our before and after shots as well as some other changes that we’ve made. I also confess that I just ate a jellybean or two. If you’re looking to step away from the brownies, cleanse your body, energize your workouts and just FEEL better, I suggest you try this Challenge! I have nothing but great things to say!
3. I made a pretty (I really wanted to say SUPER right there but I know that I overuse that word ((because it’s so super awesome!)) so I went with “pretty”) easy dinner last night with our first spaghetti squash of the season.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 pound 97-99% lean ground turkey, cooked
- 1 container of your favorite hummus
- 2-3 cups of spinach
After you cook the spaghetti squash (I microwave mine for 10 minutes in an inch of water – covered with clear plastic wrap) and the ground turkey, you simply combine all ingredients in a big bowl. The steam/heat from the squash and turkey should wilt the spinach. We eat this on a weekly basis when spaghetti squash is in season. A perfect mix of healthy carbs, protein and fat!
4. Local friends – I’ve got another outdoor BOOTCAMP coming up next Saturday, the 27th (which coincidentally is Travis’ birthday)! If you’re looking for something different and like sweating with other people, come out and join us! 8AM at the Macon County Rec Park Shelter! I promise it’s fun.
5. Lastly, I need help! This is what our front room looks like right now:
Full of Legos, thingamabobs and photography whoknowzitz galore. After I reclaim this beautiful space, I need a COUCH and two CHAIRS. Oh, and a rug! Any design help you can give, I’d greatly appreciate! I know that I want it to look pretty modern and I’m thinking the couch should be a Chesterfield or something similar. Help!
QUESTION: What’s your Friday thing? Any plans for the weekend??
P.S. You can still get 20% off a Muscle Rope when you use the code “LINDLIST914”! I just bought another outdoor rope for myself! Go now!