PLEASE make sure you answer the comment question below!! I’ll come up with a super sweet gift to send the winner!
This could quite possibly be my last pregnancy update! I just feel ready. I have time-able, painful contractions for the second half of the day (and a lot right before bed) and then I wake up the next day and …no baby. He’s dropping and my body is telling me it’s ready. We’ll just have to wait and see!
What is baby up to at 38 weeks?
- Your baby has really plumped up! He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (about the size of a leek).
- He has a firm grasp, which you’ll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time!
- His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
How is mama feeling?
I’ve made a goal (that I’m being really flexible with): I want to attend classes until Porter arrives! The key to this: MODIFICATIONS! Take the jump out. Take some weight off. Lower my step. I modify quite a bit of the exercises and still feel like I get a great workout (plus it beats the treadmill any day!).
Here’s the rundown from last week:
- Monday: Bootcamp + 15 minutes ArcTrainer
- Tuesday: Full body strength on my own
- Wednesday: Bootcamp + 15 minutes hip strengthening
- Thursday: REST
- Friday: Bootcamp + 15 minutes bike
- Saturday: Zumba
- Sunday: REST
I’m having the hardest time falling asleep due to restless legs (feels like I need to itch them or move them constantly).
BOY! Porter Killian
On. But I rarely wear them.
A lot of you asked about the dress I wore to Camila’s wedding. I found it on Ebay – the brand is Bellyssima and I was able to talk the seller down from $100 to $40!!
Starting to slow down – he’s running out of room.
- LOTS of contractions and cramping. <-every single night, I think, “Is this the night?!?!” Contractions every 5 minutes but never any progress.
- Pressure. Lots of pressure down there.
- Restless legs before bed
Meh. Food. Meh.
To Do List
Nothing!! We’re all set and ready! <-I do need to remember a few things before we walk out the door (glasses, contact case, water bottle) but they’re written on a list so I won’t forget.
What I’m Missing
A friend asked me the other day what I was missing during these last few weeks. The answer: SO much…but I wouldn’t trade this little life or this pregnancy for anything. I know how blessed I am!
- Laying on my belly (I’m normally a belly-sleeper)
- Feeling “normal” and not nauseous
- Sex that doesn’t require props
- High intensity exercise
QUESTION: PLACE YOUR BETS!! When do you think Porter will arrive?? (his due date is April 15th) Winner gets a special prize that I’ll mail out!