Life is going to change soon! And I welcome it with open arms! The labor (I’m working on a birth plan post btw). The delivery. Nursing. The sleepless nights. The sweet baby smell. Changing diapers again. Watching H & C with him. Watching Travis with him. I’m just SO ready to start life as a family of five.
We got to see him last Friday! Get this: his HEAD is measuring 37 weeks and 5 days!! Overall, he’s measuring 1 1/2 weeks ahead and a whopping 6 pounds already! Big baby! If I make it to my due date (April 15th), he’ll likely be in the 9 pound range! <-side note: I was nearly 10 pounds!!
What is baby up to at 35 weeks?
- Your baby doesn’t have much room to maneuver now that he’s over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon).
- His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products.
- Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. <-oh goodness.
How is mama feeling?
Here’s the rundown from last week:
- Monday: Bootcamp + 20 min. ArcTrainer
- Tuesday: Powerhouse class
- Wednesday: REST (trip to Asheville)
- Thursday: REST
- Friday: Bootcamp
- Saturday: Aqua Aerobics (55 min.) with my sister + 2 mile stroller walk
- Sunday: 2 mile evening stroll <-LOVING this time change business
Growing worse and worse. It takes me a good hour to fall asleep (Porter is SO active around 10pm) and then I have several wake ups during the night.
BOY! Porter Killian <-Clara’s pronunciation – “Poy-toy Key-yin.” As much as I correct and try to train her towards correct speech patterns, I’m going to miss the way she talks.
On. But I rarely wear them.
- LOTS of contractions –> most nights I have an hour or two with braxton hicks contractions that make me take notice (like 5-6 an hour). Then I’ll go to bed and feel perfectly fine.
- Pressure. Lots of pressure down there.
Meh. Food is food and I’m running out of room for it. Lots of small snacks.
My baby shower! So thankful to everyone who came out! I’m only missing a few things (diapers and more newborn clothes) – I received all the essentials!
QUESTION: BTDT mamas: how big were your babies??