Confession: I’m kinda over these updates.
Which is odd because I totally LOVE talking about myself and showing you pictures of me in my underwear.
But when I start something, I don’t quit. Luckily there should only be about 5 more of these. (<-maybe less – Porter is measuring at 35 weeks!)
What is baby up to at 34 weeks?
- Baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.
- His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he’s born — are filling him out, making him rounder.
- Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
How is mama feeling?
I’m maintaining my fitness which is a feat in itself. I mostly just want to lay down all day long. Ha. Porter feels like he’s “engaged” which means his head and body are ready for birth – this also means there is SO much pressure put on my hips and joints. Totally normal – it just feels uncomfortable to do some of the things I was doing in the first and second trimesters (example: jumping jacks are now half-jacks.)
Here’s the rundown from last week:
- Monday: Bootcamp + 20 min. ArcTrainer
- Tuesday: 3 mile run <-for SURE the last one of this pregnancy – ooomph! So uncomfortable!
- Wednesday: Bootcamp
- Thursday: Zumba
- Friday: AM: Bootcamp, PM: 2 mile stroller walk
- Saturday: Aqua Aerobics (45 min.) with my sister
- Sunday: REST
Pretty great!! Which is surprising.
BOY! Porter Killian
- LOTS of contractions –> most nights I have an hour or two with braxton hicks contractions that make me take notice (like 5-6 an hour). Then I’ll go to bed and feel perfectly fine.
- Pressure. Lots of pressure down there.
Same as last week! SOUR and SPICY. I bought some Sour Starburst jellybeans and can’t keep my hand out of the bag. Plus these Food Should Taste Good guacamole chips. I don’t actually think they taste like guac – more like a lime chip. Still pretty darn tasty!
QUESTION: Totally totally random. Can you play a musical instrument? <-nope. I played piano for like a year but it never really “took.”