You guys. I am in pain.
Oh the heartburn!! It’s more like THROATburn – like there’s a piece of burning food stuck in the back of my throat. I asked on Instagram (follow me – @lindsays_list) and Facebook for some remedies and got the following answers (for anyone else in pain):
- Milk! (milkshakes work too.)
- Milk of magnesium
- Prilosec, Tagamet or Zantac
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lying on my left side
- Papaya enzymes
Things to AVOID:
- Tomatoes (and tomato-based dishes like spaghetti)
- Peppermint (some people said this helps, some said avoid. It’s a crapshoot.)
- Citrus foods
After trying a few of the remedies, I called my doctor and talked to her. She said Prilosec and Milk of Magnesium would be the way to go if I didn’t want to deal with it anymore. <-yep. Sign me up for the easy route since this pregnancy seems to be anything BUT easy. I’m starting Prilosec today so we’ll see how well it works!
What is baby up to at 27 weeks?
- This week, the baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended.
- He’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers.
- While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now.
How is mama feeling?
Pretend there’s a belly shot here. Travis and I kinda got caught up in a Wii Fit competition and forgot to take it. Whoops.
I have SO much energy lately!! If memory serves me correctly, this boost will be short lived so I’m making the most of what energy I have. Unfortunately, I still feel car-sick all day long but movement helps. <-will I be sick for the duration?!? bah!!….but totally worth it for this boy!
Here’s the rundown for last week:
- Monday – Bootcamp #2 + 20 min. ArcTrainer
- Tuesday – REST
- Wednesday – Bootcamp #2 + 20 min. Elliptical
- Thursday – Zumba
- Friday – Bootcamp #1 + Bootcamp #2 (to make enough room for new January sign-ups, my gym had to create two bootcamp classes, each 45 minutes long)
- Saturday – AM: Zumba, PM: 4 mile walk
- Sunday – REST
Sleep has vastly improved compared to the past two weeks. Minimal wake-ups and minimal wallering. <-wallering is a word, LiveWriter.
BOY! Porter Killian
Clara and this pregnancy
So Clara thinks she’s pregnant too. She’s named him, “Porter.” Sometimes “Charlie.” Sometimes “Moo-Anna.”
The baby kicks. She wants us to FEEL the baby kick.
The baby makes her belly full (especially when there are vegetables to be eaten on her plate).
The baby is almost always the size of a blueberry.
The baby will come out of her mouth. Or her belly button. She’s not quite sure.
I just love this girl.
- Round ligament pain
Chocolate and coffee. see above.
QUESTION: Totally random thought –> Did you ever have an imaginary baby or friend when you were little??