Welp. Today is an exciting day for the Wrights!! We go this afternoon for an ultrasound that should show us the SEX of this little one!!! If Travis and I are excited, Henry and Clara are FLIPPING OUT excited (it’s like a whole ‘nother level)! Henry thinks it’s a boy, Clara wants a girl.
COME BACK TOMORROW FOR THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!
(P.S. I’m not sure whether I told you guys or not, but my sister (who’s due 5 days before me) just found out she’s having a GIRL!)
(P.P.S. I’m 19 weeks on the 19th. Number people (ahem, Janetha) will find that interesting for some reason.)
What is baby up to at 19 weeks?
- Baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of an heirloom tomato.
- A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on baby’s skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
- Some research suggests that baby may be able to hear your voice now!
How is mama feeling?
The time has come. I’ve finally caught back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, which I feel fine sharing with you just this once – 146 pounds (of pure, unadulterated muscle). From here forward, I won’t be weighing myself at home OR the doctor’s office (my doctor is A-OK with this!). I’ll have to sub in something else for this info share – maybe “number of stretch marks” or “cellulite pockets.” I’ll figure something out.
Let’s see…in the last week, I’ve gone to 3 Bootcamps, 1 Zumba class and been on 4 walks! A great week of fitness. I’ve noticed a slight increase in my round ligament pain so it takes my body a good 15 minutes to really warm up to exercise. After that though, I feel almost like my normal self when I work out.
Going well! Up less to pee. Still sleeping on my stomach (with a pillow propped under half of it).
YES!! We’ve got some KICKS going on in there. Although Travis can’t feel them on the outside yet, I feel baby moving a lot more throughout the day and especially at night when lying in bed.
- Nausea. <-sad to say but the nausea has come back in the past three days. I’m trying SO hard to keep this all in perspective – I’m so very blessed to be going through this in the first place! It’s just GOT to end soon, right?!?!
- Increase appetite. I want all.the.food.
- Round ligament pain.
None to report. I will say this: I’m already getting super excited about Thanksgiving food! Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, pecan pie. I want a big plate of it all. (And then seconds.) Tell me below – what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish??
QUESTION: Let’s take some bets. What do you think the SEX of this baby will be?? <-I think GIRL, just based off of how sick I’ve been. I’ll be thrilled either way though!