We MADE IT!! 14 weeks marks the start of the SECOND trimester! I gotta be honest here. Some days, I still have a hard time believing that this is a healthy pregnancy. Some days, I wish I had a doppler that could pick up the heartbeat at any time I fancied (I might actually rent one – there’s a company called Stork Radio that loans them out for about $25/month). Some days even the slightest cramp makes me wonder.
I remember about God’s grace. His abundant grace for this life should it continue AND His abundant grace in all the “could happens.” While the faith I have in MYSELF might waiver, I have complete trust in God’s grace!
What is baby up to at 14 weeks?
- From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
- The baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck it’s thumb!
- By the end of this week, the arms will have grown to a length that’s in proportion to the rest of it’s body.
How is mama feeling?
I’ve GAINED 2 pounds this past week!! (Thrilled! Is that weird?) I’m guessing it’s due to the three steaks that I ate – baby can’t seem to get enough red meat. Food, in general, is much more appealing now. I’ll do a WIAW post tomorrow and show you some of the meals and snacks I’m digging right now.
I hit 7 hours of movement again this week! 3 Bootcamp classes, 3 walks with Travis and the kids and 1 lifting session (chest and shoulders). I’m starting to notice an increase in my energy level and a decrease in my dizziness. Wahoo!!!
Sleep has improved. I’m getting anywhere from 9 to 11 hours every night (with multiple potty wake-ups).
- Nausea (yep. It’s still hanging around. Slowly getting better though. I’m hoping this will be the LAST week!)
- Increasing energy!
- Tender breasts
- Food aversions
- Increasing appetite (yay!)
- (Still) Anything salty and MEAT!
- Butter. On baked potatoes, muffins, etc. These food items are merely holding devices for butter.
- Apples with sea salt. Apples are so good right now – I’ve been eating 2 a day.
QUESTION: If I wrote a fitness modification post for pregnancy, would you guys be interested?