pregnancy: 13 weeks
Welp. We’re nearing the end of the first trimester (some people say this is the start of the 2nd trimester, others say next week. My pregnancy book goes by the latter so that’s what I’ll stick with.) I’m just SO THANKFUL to have made it past the initial “scary” period – my chances of miscarrying significantly decrease with every week that passes now!
I asked you all last week what you preferred in terms of pregnancy updates. The vote was pretty unanimous for WEEKLY updates! Exciting! I’ll try my darndest to oblige. Here’s what’s happening in WEEK 13.
What is baby up to at 13 weeks?
- Your baby is almost 3 inches long (about the size of a pea pod) and weighs nearly an ounce.
- Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s tiny fingertips and her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin
- The body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the baby’s body size now.
How is mama feeling?
I’m still sitting at a 10 pound LOSS. I’m not concerned about this in the least – the weight gain will come SOON. My appetite is creeping back bit by bit every day!
This week, I logged 7 hours of exercise – a record for this pregnancy! 3 Bootcamps, 2 lifting sessions and 2 walks.
Sleep was a little harder this week because I’ve weaned myself off of the Phenergan that I had been taking. Phenergan is an anti-nausea medicine that also makes you supremely sleepy. I think taking this away mixed with a slight increase in energy has made solid sleep more difficult, but I really didn’t like the way it made me feel so I stopped taking it. (I’m sure getting up to pee at least 7 times a night doesn’t help with the REM cycling either.)
None yet but soon!! When I went in last week for an ultrasound, the tech was SO surprised with how active this baby is! As a third time mom, I’m told I’ll be able to feel it a little earlier too. Any moms out there agree with this? Comment below.
- Nausea (slowly getting better!)
- Light headedness/Dizziness
- Extremely Low Blood Pressure
- Tender breasts
- Food aversions
- Increasing appetite (yay!)
- Anything salty.
Don’t be fooled – I didn’t cook. This is a microwave heat-up meal that I put on a fancy plate and dumped parmesan cheese on.
- MEAT. Outback steak. Filet mignon. Meat lasagna (my momma’s making me one TODAY!)
QUESTION: What are YOU craving right now?? Any other pregnant mamas out there?