I still haven’t decided whether or not I’ll post pregnancy updates regularly. This is my third time through so nothing seems all that new or relevant, BUT I’ve yet to chronicle a pregnancy on the blog so that part could be fun. What do YOU guys think? Weekly updates? Bi-weekly? Every 4 weeks? Leave your request in the comments and I’ll take the majority vote (probably – unless I decide I know better than you guys.)
Anyway, since I AM pregnant and I’ve made it 12 weeks (which is a call for great celebration!), I figured I’d update you on what’s going on with myself and Wright Baby #3. I’m also stealing Madeline’s “pregnancy format” because I like it.
I mostly just look bloated here. Which is true.
What is baby up to at 12 weeks?
- From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
- The baby’s fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements.
- Baby is looking more and more like a baby and less like a shrimp.
How is mama feeling?
As I’ve complained (and squawked) about before, I’m dealing with some nasty morning all-day sickness. Due to this, I’m currently 10 POUNDS under my pre-pregnancy weight. In my normal life, I don’t EVER weight myself. But as I started losing 6 weeks ago, I knew that I wanted to track this pregnancy (or at least the start) to make sure I’m not losing too much weight.
To control the nausea, I HAVE to eat every hour to hour and a half. I know that I’m eating PLENTY of food (and for the most part, it’s sodium/fat laced foods). I just can’t seem to gain weight right now. This happens every pregnancy so I know that soon, I’ll start feeling better and making gains. *If* I post tomorrow, I’ll try to show you what I’ve been eating lately for WIAW.
Movement seems to help with the nausea, or at least takes my mind off of it for a short while. Every week, I make it to a MWF 9:00 Bootcamp class. I have to modify many of the moves and take breaks but I’m happy that I’ve kept some sort of routine through this sickness. Travis and I also walk 2-3 nights per week – SLOW strolls just to get outside for some fresh air.
I try to lay down for 30 minutes to an hour every afternoon with Clara (my MIL offers to take Henry more afternoons than I’d like to admit). I’m in the bed by 8pm every.single.night. Mostly to escape the day. A child or hunger generally wakes me up around 7:30am, so I’m getting a solid 11 1/2 hours of sleep. Needed at this point – I’m exhausted.
- Light headedness/Dizziness
- Extremely Low Blood Pressure (I’ll talk about this later.)
- Tender breasts
- Food aversions
- Constipation (from Zofran)
- Zero energy
Looking Forward To
- Feeling better! Seriously, I think I’m a pretty strong person, but this has been THE HARDEST time in my life (I know some mamas reading this will totally relate). I’d rather give birth naturally 10 times over than have to put up with chronic nausea – at least you know that the births will have an end. I’m hopeful though that the next two weeks will bring healing (I was sick with Clara until Week 14, then it just VANISHED!) Please continue to pray!
- Drinking coffee again. I haven’t wanted any (too bitter) but usually allow myself one cup a day during pregnancy. I mostly just miss the habit of holding the hot mug in my hands.
- Eating all things pumpkin. Sweets aren’t really my friend right now, but soon, I want to make some pumpkin bread and a Paula Deen Pumpkin Cake! mmmm…Fall.
QUESTION: Leave a comment and let me know what you as a reader would prefer in terms of pregnancy updates!