On this particularly fall-like Monday morning here in NC, I know the following things to be true:
1. Walking (not running, not bootcamping, not spin class) has an effect like no other on my mental state. There’s no pressure to sweat (but you can if you want to) and no need for a heart rate monitor or knowing your splits or caring if your shorts ride up. One can really THINK and ENJOY. A good walk brings joy to my day.
2. Sadly, I am not an animal person. Cat, dog, bunny – I’ll pass, but thanks. Everybody tries to talk me into liking them too, like I have no soul or something. <-probably true.
3. Morning sickness and hopelessness go hand in hand. A deep post coming soon on the topic. Until then, please know that if you’re going through something similar, you are not alone or broken. You’re in a crappy season and it will soon pass.
4. Ginger is pure poison.
5. The thought of bringing a baby into our family gives me an undeniable SMILE and a JOY that surpasses any depression I might be having at the moment. Thoughts of holding said baby, nursing it, smelling it and letting my children give it kisses – these things provide me with strength and hope.
6. First trimester constipation is a real thing. Where does all the food go?!?!?
7. Fall is my very favorite season. That SMELL!!
These are just a few of the things I know to be true.
QUESTION: Give me a TRUTH!