a great decision
Decisions. Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em.
That’s how the saying goes, right?
I’ve actually made a great deal of bad decisions in my seemingly cookie cutter, perfect life.
- Getting my tragus pierced against my parent’s will. And my belly button. I now have two closed over, gnarly, purplish holes that will forever be a part of me.
- That time I got into a car accident on the way to AP History class and pressed the gas instead of the brakes and ended up crashing into the side of a bridge. Directly across from my grandparent’s house. Doh!
- Choosing not to eat for 2 years. I wouldn’t suggest doing that.
- The bangs that I had from 3rd grade to 9th grade. “Umbrella bangs,” as my sister would like to call them.
- Dating _________. I’ll not name names.
Plus so many more bad, bad decisions….
With the wise counsel of my Father and the bit of brains I inherited from my parents, I’ve made some pretty great decisions as well.
- Deciding to pursue a career in fitness. THEN deciding to pursue a career in “mommyhood” and using fitness as a way to pay for me to “stay at home.”
- Snagging Travis up before anyone else (then making him marry me).
- Having children.
- Pursuing early admission to UNC-Chapel Hill, a decision that would lead me to so many friendships, a degree I may never use and to Travis.
- Moving back to Franklin.
- Slowly turning a naptime hobby into Lindsay’s List.
See. All good.
And….I simply have to add “FOUNDING BLEND RETREAT” to that list.
The reason WHY I started Blend can be found here (the story is filled with dragons and daggers and suspense and kissing- you should read it). In short, I selfishly wanted to have a weekend of fellowship with some of my favorite bloggers. Sit down and TALK to them in real life, to SEE what they were like. Not just read about their lives. Be a PART of their lives.
Blend 2012 was that and SO much more.
Yeah, we hugged and laughed and worked out together. Shared meals and stories. Explored Boulder and all of it’s bars.
But we also created a community.
A community that still chats daily in our Facebook group about all sorts of schtuff. A community that reads each others blogs and supports one another OFF-LINE as well! A community of girls that will come back to Blend next year JUST BECAUSE.
It is with GREAT pleasure that I announce that the 2013 Blend Retreat will be held in Park City, Utah on May 17th-19th.
Tickets will be $100 and will go on sale in January. Ticket sales will be “first come, first serve” and the cap will be 125 people. So basically, you need to be AT your computer when they go live.
Will you come and join our community?
QUESTION: Tell me one GOOD or BAD decision that you’ve made!
**We’re looking for SPONSORS – if you know of anyone who would like to get their product name out to bloggers, Blend is a great avenue! Please give me an email!**