Hi Friends!! Happy Thursday!
As you know, I’m headed to Baltimore today to attend Fitbloggin (on behalf of Fitmixer!! SQUEAL!). This morning, Travis and the kiddos will drive me to Asheville and I’ll fly from there, then meet up with Tina and Jill and Lauren and like 300 other people!
I knew I’d be busy getting everything packed and ready, so I called for guest posts! People delivered!
Actually, today, Ari delivered.
I hope you SMILE along while reading this list she made for me. I surely did.
I’ll check back in tonight with an update on my travels!
10 Things That Always Make Me Smile:
- Giving people presents. Nothing gets me out of a funk like doing something nice for someone else—it takes me mind off whatever’s going on, makes someone else feel special, and puts me in a situation where I have more control—even if things in my life are out of control, I can always control how I treat others!
- Beauty and the Beat.
I can’t stop watching it, and every time I do, I catch something I didn’t see/hear before, and find myself cracking up even more!
- Sweatiness. I can go for a run, or go to a spin class and be in the lamest, most cranky mood, but after a good sweat session, all of those fun little endorphins kick in, and all of the sudden I remember that I LOVE LIFE!
- Call Me Maybe. Carly Rae, I’d like to personally thank you for recording this song that I’m not even a little bit embarrassed to like. It may not be a work of musical art, but it makes me happy every time I hear it.
- Watching Seinfeld. I’ve never understood people who don’t like Seinfeld. I still maintain that it is the funniest show that has ever been on TV. I love Kramer. I’ve always wanted to dress like him for Halloween.
- Puppies. Mine, yours, strange ones on the street. I don’t care. I love dogs, and regardless of their age, I call them puppies. I let them lick my face, I don’t enforce rules, and I let them sleep in the bed. I can’t help it. I’m totally smitten with the puppy species.
- Baking cookies. Especially the healthier variety. I have a huge sweet tooth, and I always feel like a boss when I create delicious desserts that don’t make my body feel like I just ate a can of Crisco.
- Singing in the shower. I’m sorry, neighbors.
- Christmas. I know, I know, I should say Hanukkah, but have you seen all the amazing fun things that come out at Christmas time??? Lights, decorations, Santa Claus! I just can’t help it. I get totally sucked in. In fact, if it were up to me, I’d already be pulling out the tree.
- Spending time with the important people. Working 4-5 jobs at a time while training for a marathon doesn’t leave a ton of time when you basically have three sets of family and some really amazing friends that you want to give your time to. I’m not as great at making time as I used to be, but I have definitely developed a higher value for quality time with the people I love as my life has gotten busier!
Ari is a director/choreographer from Phoenix who discovered a love of running to balance out her love of baked goods. She is a FitFluential ambassador, and is currently training for her first marathon.
You can find her at Ari’s Menu!
QUESTION: Name one (or more) thing that make you SMILE!! (Lindsay here – when people guest post for me at the drop of a dime – thank you, Ari!)