We’re BACK! (There’s something so RIGHT about sleeping in your own bed…and coming home to a freshly cleaned house – thanks to T!)
It was a WONDERFUL, EDUCATIONAL trip! Eye-opening really….
…and I can’t wait to tell you all about it, but for now, I’m playing catch-up on everything: sleep, emails, my clients, my classes, other writing assignments. You get the picture.
So for today, be happy with Thursday’s Theme. Ok? Yes, ok.
It feels like it’s been FOREVER since the last Tuesday Trainer, when in reality, it’s been 2 weeks. I’m ready to pick it back up though and I’ve got a couple of new ideas!
The theme for THIS week is REACTIVE TRAINING!
What IS Reactive Training?
Reactive Training: Exercises that use QUICK, POWERFUL movements involving an eccentric contraction immediately followed by an explosive concentric contraction. – NASM
I’ll go over the WHY’s on Tuesday!
Here’s my move: A Squat with Medicine Ball Throw
Some Other Examples (feel free to steal one!):
- Squat Jump w/ Stabilization
- Box Jump-Up w/Stabilization
- Squat Jump
- Tuck Jump
- Ball Slams
- Ice Skaters
When you submit…
- Tell us who you are! If you blog, tell us the URL!
- Do the exercises correctly! I won’t post videos with improper form or sketchy descriptions.
- Be yourself – let that personality shine through!
- Anyone can participate. All fitness levels, all ages, all sexes, blogger or not – anyone can do a Tuesday Trainer!
Video submissions are due next Monday, the 16th, by 8pm, EST!
Please have them to me before the deadline or you risk not being featured! Go here to learn how to upload your video.
QUESTION: How many times a month do you cross train? Do you know what cross training is?