tuesday trainer – core II
Some recent observations:
1) Broiled tofu, when reheated in the microwave, reminds me of my mom’s home cooking. And that’s all I’ll say about that.
2) Lisa, from BodyRock, looks like a pornstar now. Giving me no choice but to do BodyRock while Travis is at work and the kids aren’t watching. Poor girl. Why aren’t we ever enough???
3) You’d be surprised at my procrastination in this whole packing thing. Even I surprise myself. Facetiming with Travis seems much more appealing. I’ve got piles strewn about, but no real vision of how this will all get into the car.
4) Yesterday, a hunger beast took over my body! I drank my water, I did some food avoidance pushups, I walked around….even so, second breakfast and Elevenses were consumed. Oh and post-dinner ice cream. Even with all that food, I’m still alive and fit today. Go figure.
5) Two must see movies: The Fall and The Muppets Movie. Both great, in their own right.
6) My friend, Bonnie, is the BEST (thanks, friend, for the sweet post! Wish you were COMING to this retreat!)
I could go on and on, but I’ll try to stay on topic since today is Tuesday. (I do feel like my hands are tied on Tuesdays and Thursdays – like I can’t meander and I have to stay on the topic of Tuesday Trainer. Sometimes frustrating. And then if I DO ramble at the start, there’s the whole segway into Tuesday Trainer, which I’ve always been awkward at. Now I’m off on a total tangent…how to tie this in?)…
Hey Guys! It’s Tuesday Trainer time!
I love working my core! If I have extra time at the gym, I go down to the ground and do some corework. Usually some planks. (Although I’m nowhere NEAR the World Record holder, I can hold a plank for 6 minutes and 20 seconds! <-actually took the time just now to go watch it and tried to do a plank for the 6:20 – I made it 5 minutes. Bah.)
We have an entire 30 minute class at the gym DEVOTED to core conditioning. And I never repeat anything if I’m teaching. There are SO many core moves – I think that’s why it’s such a fun TT theme.
One-Legged V-Ups – ME
Butterfly Crunches – Jess, blondeponytail
Plank Jacks with Tuck – Sherice, foodieluvsfitness
Walk Out with Oblique Twist – Helen, biscuitsarenothealthy
Plank with Arm Lifts – Angela, happyfitmama
In and Outs – Ashley, vibrantlifehealthandwellness
Downward Dog Split into Reptile – Ashley, frecklesandspice
Side Bends – Janetha, mealsandmoves
Come back Thursday to see what we’ll be doing next week!! Thank you, ladies, for showing me your moves!
I’m totally doing this workout today during the kids’ naps!
No wait. I should probably pack.
Eh..it can wait.
QUESTION: If you had a free hour to do WHATEVER you wanted to today, how would it look?