Really quick. Super short. Devoid of any “life lesson”.
Just perfect for your attention span.
During my post-run, chocolate high, I just COULD NOT focus on writing. So I went to “my head” for some inspiration.
*If you’ll notice, it took him 20 minutes to respond. During that time, I knocked my Bible reading out of the way. In my heart of hearts, I knew that’s what I would do anyway. Time with God > blog.
*My husband’s mind is a truly fascinating thing. For him to have said fire, means that he was subconsiously thinking about fire. And probably war. And ninjas.
*It took me 30 minutes to try to come up with a way to tie this screenshot and that fire crap into a blog post.
This is the result –
Things I associate with fire:
- Passion in life. At the gym. In my marriage. Determination.
- Forest fires are bad. Just ask Smokey the bear.
- If you play in the fire, you’ll pee in the bed.
- That horrible song that was sung by childhood bullies, “Mash potato and burn it in the fire.” <-don’t ask. Or do – it’s a stupid story.
- Birthday candles and singeing my hair.
- Light a fire under your butt, Lindsay, and clean off the dining room table. Again.
- Wasn’t there a character on Captain Planet that had something to do with fire?
Then, both kids woke up from their naps and my writing time came to an end. Reason #1,983 why I’ll never make it big in the blogging industry.
There he is.
Have a wonderful Wednesday! And don’t play with fire.
QUESTION: My turn with word association (actually, provided by Travis – I asked him again for the first word that popped into his head.) – CRACKLE. What’s the first thing that pops into your mind? Me? My husband is smoking CRACKLE.