I’m usually right on top of things. (Namely “your mom” jokes.)
Obviously, you can read. So you know that my blog was named after my love for being a Type-A/anal/crazy/overscheduled person. Lindsay’s Unorganized List just doesn’t have the same ring to it. I’m pretty good at administrative tasks and I can multi-task with the best of them.
My third hand is rubbing my belly.
But I kinda dropped the ball recently. On your mom. <-what?
It has officially taken me three weeks (since Ashley first tagged me) to get this 11 Things post up. And during that time, I was tagged by this girl and this girl and this girl! I was a little unsure as to how to approach this whole survey thing since all of the tagger’s asked DIFFERENT questions, all interesting and unique and I could have come up with brilliant answers for all of them.
That’s just what brilliant people do.
But I decided since Ashley was the first person to tag, then I should stick with her! Sorry it’s taken me SO long, but here goes!
Here are the survey “rules”:
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me
1. Given the choice, I’d rather lick poop off the bottom of a stranger’s shoe, than try to come up with cute outfits for my children to wear. I just don’t have that fashion gene. Or the “caring what other people think” gene (watch this video if you don’t believe me!).
2. I sometimes take 2 showers a day, depending on how much I’ve worked out. And I ALWAYS have to get my hair wet – the whole head must be dunked or I feel crusty or something.
3. Blogging just kind of happened one day. I’m actually surprised it’s lasted this long. I often wonder how long I’ll do it. <-as long as it’s fun and rewarding.
4. My perfect day: A great workout, hot coffee, steamy sex, undercooked brownies and wearing fuzzy socks, while watching 30 Rock.
6. Things that I love but shouldn’t: shampoo that suds (aka Pantene or Dove), the peace and quiet of naptime, convenience snacks for my kids (Z bars), and Burger King onion rings.
7. I must eat a night snack before bed. Usually cereal or yogurt (or ice cream). If I’m having cereal though, I start with a “good for you” kind and finish the milk with the “sugary, sugary goodness” kind. Balance.
8. I’ve gone to a professional hair cutting place maybe 4 times my entire life. My mom always cuts it for me.
It’s currently nice and long. And split-endy.
9. I have a piece of pencil lead stuck in my left ring finger. Remnants of a childhood knife pencil fight.
10. The only reason we moved back to Franklin (from Denver) was to be close to family. I love my family, but I miss Denver on a daily basis.
11. If I didn’t know more about physiology and training dynamics, I’d workout 10 hours a day. When people say they don’t like to exercise, I just don’t get it. Addicted.
Questions I’m supposed to answer:
1. What is your favorite food of all time?
Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate brownies with Reese P.B. Chips. Underbaked by 10 minutes.
2. How did you discover the healthy living blog community?
3. What inspired you to start your own blog?
Again, go back and read that post. I loved the sense of community – especially after participating in Janetha’s fundraiser for Susan, “The Great Fundraising Act”. The way everyone pulled together really made me want to meet these people! (That was what also sparked BLEND!)
4. Sweet or savory?
5. Cooking or baking? Or neither?
Neither. Cereal for dinner is acceptable, right? Right.
6. Describe your “perfect day”.
See #4 in the list of 11 things above.
7. How would you describe your personality?
Witty, honest, gracious, outgoing, clumsy
8. What is your favorite store?
Clothing: Banana Republic or any outfitters store. Grocery: Greenlife (like Whole Foods) or Trader Joes.
9. Would you rather get new workout clothes or everyday clothes?
My workout clothes ARE my everyday clothes. So both.
10. Treadmill or outdoors?
Outdoors. With fast legs and a good song list that includes some U2 and The Donnas.
11. Tell me a funny story.
When I was in, say 3rd grade, my friends and I formed an Environmentalist club, called Plan It For The Planet (and yes, I’m sure we stole that name from someone else). We would ride our bikes around the neighborhood and go door to door, asking for money to help save the planet. People would give us money!!! I honestly don’t remember what we did with it – bought candy? Looking back, through our efforts and our thoughts, I think we DID save the planet. You’re welcome!
Now I’m supposed to tag some people. But since I’m pretty certain that EVERY.SINGLE.BLOGGER under the sun has already been tagged, I’m “mizfitting” the rules (like Bonnie did in her survey) and asking my readers a question instead.
QUESTION: Tell me one thing that is unique about yourself. Something most other people can’t do or don’t know about. Sharing is caring! Spill those beans!