After yesterday’s fun and comments on “Victoria”, I just HAD to do this accent post.
(which btw, the BEST fat kid names were Kit and Violet. Which is weird, because Kit reminds me of American Girl doll and Violet of Willy Wonka, two very American things!)
Back before I started blogging, I remember reading Janetha’s accent post and knew that I wanted to do it. Apparently it was quite the rage back in February of last year.
Some say I have a Southern accent. I can’t hear it. Now, I can totally turn it on if I want to, but how I normally speak isn’t NEARLY as Southern as most of the people I know.
So here’s how it goes:
I videotape myself speaking the words below, then answering the questions. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
And without further ado…here I am:
**edited to add: After watching this, I TOTALLY have a Southern accent. Oh my gawsh!!**
Victoria is a nice gal, I think. A wee bit hard to understand.
QUESTIONS: Do I sound Southern? What were they trying to get at on the “rain during the sun” question? Weekend plans?