I’m honestly not sure HOW I’ve not used this post title before. Because I utter this statement nearly every day.
Coffee is my friend.
Now, this wasn’t always the case. I remember the first time I tried it. It was before church one Sunday, during the “coffee and donuts” time (do all churches have that? if not, they SHOULD! Jesus loves donuts. It’s in the Bible somewhere.)
Anyway, I tried coffee, probably because a boy was drinking it. Tween Lindsay filled that white Styrofoam cup all the way to the top. No cream. No sugar. Black as all get out. Probably because that’s how a boy was drinking it. One sip. Yuckola!! Tasted like tar. And old people. Like tarry, old people.
Adults liked this stuff?!?! I was really confused.
- Until I needed to pull an all-nighter in college. Straight A’s, baby! umm…and maybe a couple of B’s. And one C.
- Until I needed to stay up for the 2-hour drive from my wedding reception to my honeymoon cabin. I kinda wanted to be awake for that awesomeness.
- Until I needed to function as a living person after Henry was born. A normal and nice, living person.
- And now, I use it to fuel me before hard workouts AND insane days running after two savage toddlers.
In the word’s of my dear friend, Julie, coffee is “dependable, inspiring, thought provoking, warm & fuzzy, great to cuddle up with on a warm wintry night, yet flexible in the iced version that can chill you out on a hot summer day”.
Yep, that just about sums it up.
The fine people at Green Mountain Coffee also tend to agree. They actually kinda ROCK at making coffee.
You can read their “Behind the Bean” story here. In summary, Green Mountain cares about the beans it uses, the ecosystems where the beans are harvested AND the farmer-partners who harvest their beans. It truly is a company that cares about it’s product from START to FINISH!
Luckily, they offered to let me sample the FINISH part*! Last week, I received a box of their Limited Edition – Holiday themed, “Spicy Eggnog” K-Cups.
Did I mention they were FAIR TRADE Certified?!? That means that Green Mountain pays their farmer-partners a fair wage for their coffee. This act promotes healthier working conditions and greater economic incentive for the coffee farmers. Win-win.
And the coffee tastes phenomenal! Like cinnamon and nutmeg and Christmas and Bing Crosby.
I could write an entire post about how much I love my Keurig (put one on your Christmas wish list…seriously!!) Combine my Keurig and a Spicy Eggnog K-Cup, and you’ve got me “mmmm-ing” and tightly gripping my favorite mug and drinking FAR too much coffee over the past weekend.
Maybe I should share a little.
Green Mountain Coffee has offered to give ONE L.L. reader the choice of either a box of 24 K-cups or one 10 oz. bag of coffee – YOUR flavor choice!! (Flavors listed here) So even if you don’t own a Keurig, you can still try this wonderful coffee in bagged form!! Thanks, Green Mountain!
Leave a comment below telling me your favorite coffee flavor or how you “take” your coffee. (Hazelnut, straight up BLACK for me!)
BONUS ENTRIES: (PLEASE leave separate comments for each one you do!!!) – A Total of FIVE ways to enter!
- Like Green Mountain Coffee on Facebook. Write on their wall that Lindsay’s List sent you!
- Like Lindsay’s List on Facebook and share this post (just click the FB Share button at the bottom of the post). Leave a comment below telling me you did.
- Follow Lindsay’s List and Green Mountain Coffee on Twitter. Tweet the following: “I entered @lindsays_list #giveaway for some @GreenMtnCoffee!! You should too! “.
- Blog about this giveaway! Leave a comment telling me when you do.
This giveaway will be open until Friday night, November 25th @ midnight EST. I will announce the winner (randomly chosen) when I post on Saturday.
Enter the giveaway THEN you can get back to drinking that second cup. #coffeeloversunite
*Green Mountain Coffee sent me FREE samples of their product. All opinions are 100% mine and I was not paid to write this post.*