I usually pre-write my posts for the next day. Example: this post was written during naptime on Tuesday, but isn’t going up until Wednesday morning. I write during the kids’ naptime – since my full-time job is being a mom, I try to spend as much time with them while they’re awake. Plus, it’s a little hard to sit down in front of my computer when toddler destruction is happening all around.
And while this WAS written during the peace and quiet of naptime, there was not a lot of concentration going on. I just started typing and here’s where it went. Lucky, lucky you.
I’ll make a list. No pictures for you to browse through. No hyperlinks. So decide now if you have time to read random stuff.
1. I’m sipping on some Pumpkin Spice coffee right now. It’s pretty good. But it tastes nothing like pumpkin. Just fallish spices. It’s also now lukewarm, which I HATE. Should probably just stop drinking it. But it’s fun to type a couple of sentences, pause, sip, type. If I had a pipe, I’d type, sip, smoke.
Just did that sequence (minus the cool pipe). Coffee is cold. I’m done.
2. The kids are in bed for their naps (it’s approximately 3:42pm). After a 5.something mile walk, we came home, I fed them a “clean” lunch. And I don’t mean clean as in healthy, clean eating. I mean clean, as in, no crumbs and crap for me to clean up. String cheese and turkey.
Then I proceeded to prod them like cattle into their beds as quickly as possible. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
3. I let Henry get out of the stroller and pee in the middle of our walk. Nobody saw but I still had a story ready for when someone turned the corner on the greenway. “He’s had to pee since we started. Kids these days.” When really, he didn’t have that much pee, but merely wanted to “make the grass happy.” Pee=happy grass. His words, not mine.
How many times did I just type “pee”? 4 in the paragraph above. One in this line.
4. I just entered like 4 giveaways. Sorry if you had to read all those tweets. But I like winning. And I like increasing my odds. I’ll almost always enter to win anything if it means I could win something for free.
Btw, have you entered my giveaway yet? I won’t mind the tweets.
5. From where I’m sitting, I can see a firetruck, a Bumbo chair, a walker thingy, a stained couch, a box of toys, EIGHT guitars and wall of books that I no longer have the time to read.
I’m ok with all of that, except the book part.
And if you don’t know what a Bumbo chair is….well, you probably DO know what’s currently on the Top 100 song list, you can watch a movie in ONE sitting, and you don’t have Cheerio-dust ground into your car mats. Consider yourself lucky.
6. Travis and I watched Tarantino’s Jackie Brown for the first time this weekend (in two sittings – half on Saturday, half on Sunday). It was good. I need the soundtrack.
7. Speaking of soundtracks, the video of my triathlon got flagged for having copyrighted music in it. Blast. Now all the audio is disabled. I look pretty boring without music in the background. Don’t go watch it now that I’ve said that. It’s just sad. I should take it down.
8. If I fell asleep right now, I could probably take a 45 minute nap. But it would take me 15 minutes just to GET to sleep. Worth it? Probably not.
9. Do you know that I haven’t opened up this blog to any of my friends and family?! Well, that’s not true. I haven’t made it FB public. My close friends and family all read. I know I have some secret Franklin readers, but for the most part, anyone who reads is an online friend. I wanted to see if I could “make it” first. The jury’s still out.
10. Sitting here, I can count 3 bruises on my legs. I wish I had a cool story about fighting ninjas or something, but I don’t. In fact, I have no recollection of how they got there. More than likely, I just tripped while walking. This happens a lot.
No grace AND no memory!?! I must have worn a super low cut shirt the day I interviewed to teach Step Aerobics.
11. Foiled by the coffee again. Now it’s frigid. I’m done.
You made it THIS far?? I’m starting to doubt your intelligence.
Tomorrow, I promise not to ramble, but instead, disclose the super secret, “you’ll want to know this before anyone else” theme for next week’s Tuesday Trainer.
QUESTIONS – Tell me something random. It can be ANYTHING! And, if you’re a secret Franklin reader, comment. I won’t be mad. :)