Longest post title ever, no?
Not quite as long as my Advanced Step class felt last night, while wearing my new Five Fingers.
To say that it was brutal, would be an understatement. But more on that later…first, a recap of how well I did with my goals.
Last Monday, I posted my goals for the upcoming week. Something to hold me accountable to – if it’s written on the World Wide Web, it’s law. I even made a professional table and everything. See, that high school computer class DID pay off. Dating losers – not so much.
Let’s see how I did: (black font is what I wrote last week, red font – my additions today)
- Floss teeth – I do this maybe every other day. Yep – 5 out of 7 days isn’t half bad. I can get better at this.
- Drink 120 ounces of water – Yep – I think I just forgot to put a check mark on Tuesday. Drinking enough water seems to be habitual now. Water and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk are really my only go-to drinks.
- Eat one salad – My greens intake has been lacking as of late. I’m blaming it on my failure to plan ahead. So today at the grocery store, I bought organic spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower. Add homegrown tomatoes and green peppers and I’ll make a huge salad and dip out of that all week. Major fail! I’m not sure what happened – I had all the ingredients at hand, but when it came to meal time, I would choose another option.
- Read Bible – My bookmark is in Acts, but it’s been probably two weeks since my last read. Major fail! – Not anymore! I’m consistently reading Acts pretty much everyday. I’m also reading a great book, “Radical” by David Platt. A must read!
- Attend at least one fitness class – I’m not sure if I even made this “blog public” yet, but I got the fitness instructor job that I applied for last week! I’ll be teaching a couple of classes per week and doing personal training. Just part-time. I’m super stoked! – Success!! Most days, I attended a 9AM AND 5:30PM class! Next week, I will start teaching MY OWN Aqua Power class (water aerobics).
- Brush Henry’s teeth – Sadly, this needs to be made into a better habit. We usually have something going on EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and by the time we get home, we rush through bedtime chores and Henry’s teeth suffer the consequence. – 6 out of 7! I really can’t take credit for this one – Travis puts Henry to bed, so Travis brushed his teeth most nights.
- Clean off back porch – It’s as if a small angry wombat was let loose out there. Not pretty. – FAIL – didn’t even think about it….in fact, I read that I put this on the list and laughed out loud. I’ll get to it eventually. I think it helps (or rather doesn’t help depending on how you look at it) that it’s out of sight.
- Bleach teeth – boy, I’m obsessed with teeth. Thanks, hygienist Mom. – SUCCESS! I bleached my teeth three times, maybe more, and am on my way towards a Toddlers and Tiara’s smile.
- Take car to have it cleaned – Nope.
- Put all of Clara’s presents away – Yes. This was an easy one. I think I included it because of the fact that I knew I could get it done and have a nice check mark.
- Finalize new website – More on this to come… – Yes, for the most part! It’s still a work in progress. I’m still getting bills from Lars, my web guy.
All in all, I think I did pretty well! I think what helped the most was having these goals VISIBLE!! And being able to go to the list at the end of the day and evaluate my progression. I highly recommend printing out your goals and putting them at eye level!
And now for the “piece de resistance”. Wee wee.
Another goal for the week was to wear my Vibram FiveFingers to some of my fitness classes this week. Last night was Advanced Step. I hadn’t really read up on whether or not this was a “suggested Five Finger activity”, but apparently, it isn’t.
It’s hard to see but I have five tiny little blisters at the crease of where my toes and foot meet. Hours of unmedicated childbirth had NOTHING on the way my feet felt during that class! With each “knee repeater” and “Right Basic”, my toes rubbed up against the shoes in a really bad way. I actually thought they were bleeding. I actually thought about just taking them off and doing the class barefoot.
And I actually might be a bit of a drama queen. But seriously, lesson learned, do not wear Five Fingers for bouncing and jumping. Running, yes. Jumping, no!
Now I’m off to the gym again, this time in Asics, to do a full-body workout with Katy. Then quickly come home, shower, and go to a Recipe Swap! I made Kristin’s Mexican Rice – I’m sure it will be tasty. Have yourselves a great evening…and do me a favor, walk outside and feel smell the air – it’s almost FALL!! Autumn Mix time!